Lafarge Africa Plc is a leading Sub-Saharan Africa building solutions Company and member of the LafargeHolcim group.
Lafarge Africa Plc, an equal opportunity employer, invites suitably qualified secondary school leavers (male and female) for admission into a three-year multi-skilled vocational training program covering the following technical disciplines:
- Maintenance Processes i.e. Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation and Automation /Welding and Fabrication Technology.
- Cement Manufacturing Processes i.e. Production / Process and Quality.
- The program is a public-private sector partnership which trains and equips successful candidates with the skills and attitudes to be self-employed / employable in the vocational areas listed above.
- It is a non-residential, 36-month technical intensive training scheme in which successful candidates will enjoy tuition-free lectures, rigorous hands-on sessions and a token allowance to offset out of pocket expenses.
- Graduates of the program, on completion, will be awarded both Lafarge Africa Plc’s internal certificate and the National Innovation Diploma (NID) certificate.
- Larfarge Africa Plc, through this and other programs, continue to create the conditions for a diverse and inclusive workforce, with particular emphasis on gender balance in operational roles and developing talent at an early career stage. Female school leavers are strongly encouraged to apply
- Completion of WASSCE, GCE, NECO or equivalent no later than January 2018.
- Minimum of 5 O’level credits to include English Language, Mathematics. Physics, Chemistry and any other subject (in a maximum of 2 sittings).
How to Apply
Submit applications physically (using the application form) to any Larfarge Africa Training Centre on our plants.
- Application form can be downloaded from www.lafargeafrica.com.ng/careers or picked from any of the plant locations.
- Applications MUST be accompanied with proof of above stated results, recent passport photograph, Birth Certificate and any of the following: National Identity Card or Slip? International Passport. Please note that sworn affidavits / declarations will not be accepted.
- Physical applications should be enveloped and addressed to: The Head, Lafarge Africa Training Centre Ashaka / Ewekoro / Mfamosing respectively.
University of Nigeria, Nsukka – Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment into the position below tenable in the Environmental Management and Control at the Centre for Environmental Management and Control, University of Nigeria:
Job Title: NNPC / SHELL Professorial Chair in Environmental Management and Control
Advert Ref: UNP/SSR
- Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position for the NNPC / SHELL Professorial Chair in Environmental Management and Control at the Centre for Environmental Management and Control, University of Nigeria.
Qualifications And Experience
- A candidate for this position must be an experienced Professor in Environmental Management and Control. He should, within the terms of his employment in the University, teach and supervise post-graduate students in Environmental Management and Control and carry out targeted research designed to resolve challenging environmental issues affecting the society.
In addition, the applicant should have:
- Extensive experience in the practice of teaching and research as captured in his / her curriculum vitae;
- Carried out research and published extensively in relevant aspects of Environmental Management and Control in high impact journals;
- A commitment to work full-time while devoting himself/herself completely to the challenges of academic excellence implicit in the position;
- The capacity to establish linkages / collaborations with persons and institutions both nationally and internationally in the pursuit of excellence in knowledge and practice of Environmental Management and Control;
- Ability to work as a team member of other research groups in the Centre;
- Ability to meet other requirements as may be identified by the trustees.
Entitlements And Conditions Of Service
- The award to a beneficiary shall be for a period of four (4) years. This may be extended for an additional period not exceeding four (4) years, subject to quality performance/quality delivery in terms of value addition to SPDC, the University and the society at large in the first term.
- As approved by SPDC, the Chair occupant will enjoy a premium plus other attractive incentives.
- The Chair occupant will be required to publish and disseminate research results in high impact journals and organise major seminars / lectures / symposia.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward ten (10) copies of their application letters and Curriculum Vitae stating phone numbers, e-mail addresses, age, marital status, qualifications, experience (teaching, research and publications) to reach:
University of Nigeria, Nsukka,
NNPC/Total International Master’s Degree Scholarship 2021/2022: Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the 2021/2022 NNPC/TOTAL INTERNATIONAL MASTER’S DEGREE SCHOLARSHIP. The NNPC/Total masters scholarship is a yearly scholarship program designed to support young Nigerians wishing to study in France for their master’s degree.
Annually, Total, in partnership with NNPC and its corporate partners, select and sponsor young Nigerian scholars for Master’s Degree programs in Engineering, Geosciences, Management Sciences, Finance and Law, in top universities in France. The award is full board.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): NNPC/Total Nigeria Plc Joint-Venture.
Scholarships to be taken at: Institutions in France.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters
Scholarship Worth: Fully-Funded.
Subject Eligibility: See eligible courses and programmes (below).
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Nigerians.
To be eligible for the NNPC/Total International Master’s Degree Scholarship 2021/2022, Applicants must;
- Possess a minimum of Second Class Upper in Engineering, Geosciences, Management Sciences, Finance and Law,
- Applicants must have completed NYSC, and must not have more than 5 (Five) years Post NYSC Experience
Eligible Institutions and Programmes:
You are to apply to any of the Schools listed below for admission into any of the suitable listed programmes of your choice.
Context and environment
- IFP School (Petroleum Engineering) (Visit School Website)
- 12 months of classes and 6 month internship
- Specialized Master in Petroleum Geosciences Geology
- Specialized Master in Petroleum Geosciences Geophysics
- Specialized Master in Reservoir Geoscience and Engineering
- 11 months of classes and 6 month internship
- Specialized Master in Processes and Polymers
- Specialized Master in Petroleum Economics and Management
- Specialized Master in Petroleum Data Management
- Ecole des Mines d’Ales IMT (Visit School Website)
- Disaster Management, environment, human and social sciences, Information et Communication Technologies (18 month academic program + 6 month internship , Possibility of doing it home country or in France)
- Ecole des Mines de Nantes IMT Atlantique (Engineering and environment) (Visit School Website)
- Master in Project Management for Environnemental and Energy Engineering (PM3E) – 2 years
- Master in Process and Bioprocess Engineering – Project Management for Environmental & Energy Engineering (PM3E) 2 years
- MSc Management and Optimization of Supply Chains & Transport (18 month acadamic program + 6 month internship)
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes (Engineering) – 2 years (Visit School Website)
- Master in Applied Mechanics on Computational Structural MechanicsMaster in Applied Mechanics on Design of Production and Systems
- Master in Applied Mechanics on Metallic and Composites Complex Assemblies
- Master in Control Engineering and Production Systems on Automatic control, Robotics, Signal and mage
- Institut Supérieur d’Électronique de Paris (ISEP) (Visit School Website)
- ISEP Engineering Master Degree in computer Science – 2 years
- INSA Toulouse (Engineering) (Visit School Website)
- Master in Fluids Engineering for Industrial Processes – 2 years
- Advanced Master in Safety Engineering and Management – 1 year
- Advanced Master on Innovative and secure IoT systems – 1 year
- ICSI Toulouse (HSE) (Visit School Website)
- Master in Safety Engineering and Management (HSE) – 2 years
- Arts et Metiers ParisTech – 1 year (Visit School Website)
- Petroleum Geosciences & Engineering/ forage et Production
- MSc Knowledge Integration in Mechanical Production
- Master Degree in Materials and Engineering Sciences
- ENSG Lorraine – 2 years (Visit School Website)
- Master Subterranean Reservoirs of Energy: Hydrodynamics Geophysics – Modeling
- ENSGTI Pau – 2 years (Visit School Website)
- Chemistry International Studies (Chem.I.St)
- International Master “SIMOS“ : SIMulation and Optimization of energy Systems
Other programmes are:
11. ENSIC Nancy (Visit School Website)
- Chemistry International Studies – 2 years
- GRENOBLE INP (Visit School Website)
- 1 year
- Mécanique et energétique
- Master CyberSecurity (CySec)
- 2 years
- MSc in Electrical Engineering for Smart Grids and Buildings
- Mechanics: Fluid Mechanics and Energetics – FME
- Master in Sciences and Materials Engineering
- Electrochemistry and Processes
- Master in Sustainable Industrial Engineering
- Master MSE – Program Biorefinery and Biomaterials
- MSc in Integration, Security and TRust in Embedded systems
- Master of Science in Industrial and Applied Mathematics (MSIAM)
- Master in Hydraulic and Civil Engineering
- HEC Paris (Business) (Visit School Website)– 10 month academic program + 6 month internship
- MSc Sustainability and Social Innovation
- MSc in International Finance (MIF)
- MSc Strategic Consulting
- MSc Managerial and Financial Economic
- EDHEC Business School (Visit School Website) – 2 academic semesters + 3-6 month internship
- MSc in International Accounting & Finance
- MSc in Finance
- MSc in Management Studies
- MSc in Entrepreneurship & Innovation Management
- ESC Rennes (Business) (Visit School Website)– 15 month academic programme including a 4 month internship
- MSc in International Management
- MSc in Global Business Management
- MSc in International Finance
- Sciences Po Paris (Political Science, Law and Business) (Visit School Website)
- 1 year
- LLM in Transnational Arbitration & Dispute Settlement
- Master in Corporate Strategy
- Master in Financial Regulation and Risk Management
- 2 years
- Master in Public Affairs
- Master in International Energy
- Master in International Management and Sustainability
- Master in Environmental Policy
- Université de Cergy-Pontoise – 1 year (Visit School Website)
- LL.M in Law and Business Ethics
- Master (LLM) M. in Business and Taxation Law
- CNAM – 1 year (Visit School Website )
- Master of Science in Telecommunications and Networks
- Master of Business Administration
- Polytechnique Palaiseau – 2 years (Visit School Website)
- MSc Internet of Things: Innovation and Management
- MSc Ecotechnologies for Sustainability and Environment Management
- MSc Energy Environment: Science Technology and Management – STEEM
- ESCP Europe (Energy Management) (Visit School Website )
- MSc in Energy Management (MEM) – 3 academic semesters (London-Paris-London) + 4-6 month internship
- MSc Synthesis, catalysis and sustainable chemistry – 1 year
- Quantitative Finance – 1 year
- MSc in Chemistry – five specialties
- MSc in Earthquake Engineering & Engineering Seismology
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible candidates for the NNPC/Total International Master’s Degree Scholarship 2021/2022 are to visit the official website and follow the application guide (below).
Application guide/Useful tips:
- At the official application page click on “APPLY TO TOTAL” on the navigation bar
- Next select “Our Offers” and “choose” your language preference
- Click on “Advanced Search”
- ln the “Country” text box type ‘Nigeria’
- ln the “Functional discipline” option box select ‘Research Innovation & Development’
- Then click “Search” to display the advertised Scholarship program in Nigeria.
- Click on the “Total International Scholarship” to view details of the application. You can then complete an online application form by clicking on ‘Apply to job’ at the bottom of the page.
- If you are landed on the scholarship page you can skip the steps above.
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly
- You will be required to attach your CV and other degree certificates during the application
Application Deadline: Application closes two weeks from date of official publication
Adulthood is knocking and you aren’t sure if you are prepared. Get a soft landing into the job market with our NextGen campus ambassador program. We give you a peek into the career world during your undergraduate program and help you learn valuable skills that will put you ahead of your peers once you graduate.
UBA NextGen Campus Ambassador program offers a unique opportunity to students of tertiary institutions in Nigeria and across Africa to be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking Pan-African bank by representing the brand on campus. The program is designed to be a learning experience and a highly rewarding pursuit for selected students while providing them with a platform to build their leadership capabilities and showcase their diverse talents.
Responsibilities of the UBA NextGen Campus Ambassadors role
- Refer and win cash prizes for inviting friends, families and colleagues to open and maintain a NextGen account
- Represent the UBA brand on campus
- Provide insights that will help UBA better understand campus requirements unique to each region
- Learn about UBA products/services and promote their adoption within the campus
- Plan and host fun events for students to amplify the UBA brand
- Build relationships on campus with the school authorities, faculty, and student groups
- Identify trends and opportunities that UBA can leverage within the campus community
- Implement various UBA initiatives within the campus
What does a UBA NextGen Campus Ambassador stand to benefit?
- Development of Intellectual, leadership and creative skills through periodic training
- Monthly stipend
- UBA branded collateral
- A chance to get monthly pocket money for a year
- Data subscription
- Networking and collaboration with other ambassadors from campuses across Africa
- Career advisory, mentorship and interaction with managers in UBA
- VIP tickets to UBA sponsored events
- Learn about UBA culture and career opportunities
- Inclusion of UBA NextGen campus ambassador experience in your resume
- Must have a UBA NextGen Account or willing to get one
- Student of any tertiary institution in Nigeria
- Willing to dedicate considerable time
- Familiar with UBA products and programs
- Involved with student organisations and programs
- Strong social media presence
How To Apply
Qualified students are expected to log on here and complete an online form with required personal data, and a motivation letter highlighting why they should be selected. Applications open yearly.
- Follow @UBAGroup on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Create a short video describing how your skills and experiences are relevant to the role
- Upload the video on your social media page with the hash tag #UBACampusAmbassador
- Be sure to tag or mention @UBAGroup in your post. Candidates with high engagement stand a chance to be fast tracked into the application process
Find More Details About the Role on https://www.ubagroup.com/nigeria/about-us/initiatives/campus-ambassadors/
Application Link https://www.ubagroup.com/nigeria/campus-ambassador-application/
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship
- We are pleased to present to you “Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship”. This initiative is in continuance of our goal to support dreams and aspirations of Nigerian youths as we have been doing over the years through various activities such as Youth Leadership Series (YLS), Higher Institution Football League (HIFL) and so on
- The scholarship programme is aimed at encouraging hard work and academic excellence amongst Nigerian undergraduates and it is open to students who participated in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and have just gained admission into any Nigerian state or federal university.
Terms and Conditions for the Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship
- The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship (The “Scholarship”) by Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC (“Stanbic IBTC”, “we” or “us”) is only available to Applicants (“Applicants”, “They” or “You”) who:
- reside in Nigeria and participated in the 2020 University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- have a score of 200 and above in JAMB
- have gained admission and have been properly enrolled in a Nigerian Federal or State University (“University”) with relevant evidence
- The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the University in your admitted degree programme
- The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship does not apply to employees of Stanbic IBTC and/or their immediate family members, where there are entries by employees of Stanbic IBTC or their immediate family members, it will not be rewarded.
- Stanbic IBTC reserves the right to decline participation in the Scholarship for any applicant at their discretion.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Agreement to Official Rules
- Entry / applications for the Scholarship is open to applicants from 1st September, 2020 to 24th October, 2020, no application shall be accepted after the entry/application expiration date
- By applying, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, the rules/terms and conditions (as may be amended, supplemented or novated), which are final and binding on all the applicants. Winning/receiving a scholarship is contingent upon you meeting all the eligibility criteria, fulfilling all the requirements and complying with all the conditions.
- This scholarship is not (at all) sponsored by, run by or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram.
How to Enter
Applicants may submit their applications by following these simple steps:
- Go to any of our social media page on Instagram (@stanbicibtc), Twitter (@stanbicibtc), and Facebook (@stanbicibtc) and look for the post
- Click on the link, fill the required details, attach requested documents and submit
- Successful Applicants will be notified only via an email.
- Where an applicant applies on more than one platform or submits multiple entries/applications, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot.
- The Scholarship will only be awarded to 100 Applicants spread across the 36 States of the federation and FCT with a minimum of 2 Applicants per State.
- The Scholarship will be offered on a first come, first serve basis until the 100 slots are allocated.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to applicants that follow the instructions and meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Winners will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide.
Applicants who plan on studying courses related to the “Future of work” will be an added advantage (for example Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, IT and so on). Where an Applicant applies more than once/multiple times, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot. The decisions of Stanbic IBTC are final in all matters relating to the Scholarship.
Acceptance of Scholarship
- Where you are successful and win the Scholarship, you must read and accept these Terms and Conditions and all other documents sent to your mail in full. By accepting this Scholarship from Stanbic IBTC, it is understood that you have read and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Please note, if you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must read and consent to these terms and conditions and other accompanying documents on your behalf
Also note the following:
- Successful applicants will receive an email to confirm the outcome of their application and they will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide
- The email received from a Stanbic IBTC authorised email will detail the scholarship benefits, payment timing and other important information as required
- They will then receive other documents and forms which they will be asked to fill, sign and return, to confirm that they agree to the terms and conditions as stated herein
- If Successful Applicants do not wish to accept the scholarship they have been offered, they should advise us immediately by sending an email to [email protected]
- Failure to accept the scholarship offer within the period specified in the notifying email will result into forfeiture of the offer
- Successful Applicants will be required to open a Stanbic IBTC Education Trust account and Stanbic IBTC bank account for payment of the Scholarship fund
- Successful Applicants may be required to provide additional evidence via a link that would be provided to them or via a Stanbic IBTC authorized email. The additional evidence will include providing the admission letter from the admitting University.
Retention of Scholarship
To retain your scholarship, successful applicants must:
- Maintain an enrolled status in their respective Universities in the Degree programme they were admitted for
- Adhere to the academic and administrative polices of the University and annually provide a Letter of good conduct issued by their respective department
- Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of second class upper (a CGPA of at least 3.5 in a CGPA system of 5 points, at least 3.0 in a CGPA system of 4 points, at least 4.6 in a CGPA system of 7 points). Evidence of same must be provided at the beginning of every academic year before scholarship payment can be made.
- Meet any other additional criteria which would be communicated to you through email
- At the end of each academic year for the duration of your scholarship, you will be asked to provide a report detailing how the scholarship funds have been spent. It is the responsibility of the Successful applicant to provide this report at the specified time advised by Stanbic IBTC. Failure to return reports by the specified time, without reason, may result in future payments being withheld.
Kindly note that the successful applicants would be entitled to this Scholarship for a total period of Four (4) years from the day of acceptance, notwithstanding the length of the degree programme. The Scholarship shall be paid at the beginning of every academic year subject to the terms and conditions contained herein.
Termination of Scholarship
Stanbic IBTC may terminate your scholarship if:
- You withdraw or transfer from your programme of study,
- You are suspended or excluded from the whole or part of the University or your programme.
- You are expelled from the University.
- You have made any misrepresentation (whether negligently or intentionally) to us either in respect of applying for the Scholarship or during the course of and in connection with your studies at the University
- You have acted fraudulently or dishonestly in connection with securing your Scholarship or place at the University.
If your scholarship is terminated, you will not receive any further payments. You may be required to repay some, or all of the scholarship funds received by you where your termination relates to the 3rd, 4th and 5th bullets of this section.
Publicity, Promotion and Media Consent
By applying for this scholarship, Applicants grant Stanbic IBTC permission to post their personal details and picture on our social media platforms and other corporate materials in connection with our scholarship scheme in the event that they are awarded the scholarship. Successful candidates will also be asked to share their experience on the scholarship scheme during the scholarship duration, either through a video or a press interview.
With reference to the above, the Applicant hereby grant Stanbic IBTC permission to use, reproduce, distribute, communicate to the public, publish, publicly display, modify, translate, adapt, upload, download in any form or manner and / or permission to incorporate this material into other materials or works in any format or medium for any commercial or non-commercial purpose in line with the Nigerian Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019. The Applicant can withdraw their consent at any time but must do so in writing or by email to: [email protected]
- Any dispute which may arise out of participating in this scholarship shall be settled by the parties in an amicable manner through informal negotiation/ after the affected party informs the other in writing that a dispute has arisen
- The parties shall use all reasonable endeavors to resolve such disputes and differences on a goodwill basis within 20 (Twenty) calendar days
- Where however the parties are unable to resolve the dispute within the 20 (Twenty) calendar days, the parties hereby agree that the dispute shall be referred to Mediation and shall be settled by Alternative Dispute Resolution processes in the Lagos, Multi-door Courthouse in accordance with the provisions of the valid and prevailing laws and practice directions of the Lagos Multidoor Courthouse or any applicable statute being in force at the time.
- The place of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Processes shall be Lagos, Nigeria, the mediation proceedings shall be kept private and confidential by both parties.
- The decision of the Lagos Multi-door Courthouse shall be final and binding on the parties.
- Stanbic IBTC reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any revised version will be effective immediately that it is displayed on social media platforms.
- These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- In the event of any comments or questions concerning these terms and conditions or for more information, please contact us by e-mailing: [email protected]
Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK. Whilst there is no ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, we are looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
Because these scholarships are fully-funded (flights, accommodation, and course fees are all included), you are free to focus on achieving your professional goals and maximising the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK. On completing your studies, you will leave the UK equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to bring your own ideas to life.
Ineligible applications will be rejected, so it is important that you check that you meet our eligibility criteria before you start your application.
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
You must ensure that you meet the minimum work-experience requirement for the scholarship before submitting your Chevening application. Chevening Scholarships require that applicants have at least two years of work experience.
If you do not already have the required level of work experience, you will be unable to submit your application.
Eligible types of work experience
The types of work experience that are eligible for Chevening can include:
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment
- Voluntary work
- Paid or unpaid internships
Work experience can be completed before, during, or after graduating from your undergraduate studies, however, any mandatory employment that counted towards your undergraduate or postgraduate course would not be eligible.
You do not need to meet the work experience requirement in one period of employment. Applicants can submit up to ten different employment periods in order to meet the requirement. If you have held more than ten positions then please enter the periods which make up the greatest number of hours worked.
If you are currently employed, it is not a requirement of Chevening that you resign from your position. You are advised to discuss your application with your employer and it is your responsibility to ensure that they will release you if you are selected for a Chevening Scholarship. You can refer them to the employers page on our website. The British embassy/high commission or the Chevening Secretariat cannot intervene in this.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should visit https://www.chevening.org/scholarships/