Full-time Accountability Assistant at Terre des hommes
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief agency. The Foundation has been helping children in need for over 50 years, defending their rights regardless of their race, creed or political affiliation.
The Job : Accountability Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
General description of the position:
Reporting to the Chid Protection and Education in Emergencies Coordinator, with close collaboration with the Child Protection and Education in Emergencies Project Manager, the Accountability Assistant is responsible for information sharing, involving beneficiaries in monitoring and review, and collection of feedback through focus group discussions, interviews and feedback & complaints mechanisms. S/he will ensure that information from feedback is analysed and disseminated, managing referrals, and helping to produce informational materials for beneficiaries.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Design and implement Accountability plans for projects
- Assist develop an institutional culture that encourages critical thinking collective learning and teamwork as part of the organisation’s focus on quality and accountability.
- During distributions, establish an information table to the community members to answer beneficiary comments. Prepare reports on the distribution.
- Signals and analyses improvement points regarding the accountability of the programmes/projects implemented by the organisation
- Analyse lessons learned for quality and accountability and facilitate reviews
- Ensure key information reaches beneficiaries using several methods (leaflets, orientation help desk). Ensure that all beneficiaries proper receive their benefits.
- Plan and conduct training sessions of relevant staff members to support and ensure quality implementation of accountability mechanisms and information provision plans
- Support all efforts for promoting a high level of beneficiary accountability and will work with the program and M& E teams to implement the feedback mechanisms at field level
- Ensures Complaints Feedback and Response Mechanisms (CFRM) are put in place; beneficiaries and staff are made aware of the process; and the timely and appropriate response to complaints in coordination with programs
- Receive, process and respond to beneficiary feedback and complaints and guide beneficiaries seeking help through field visits, and other complaints and feedback mechanisms.
- Compile, anaylze and disaggregate monthly complaints and feedback by project, gender, age etc. Record and analyze data and produce monthly
- Prepare feedback /complaint reports to the CPiE Coordinator on the monthly basis.
- Support beneficiaries by providing information to related services from Terre des hommes and other humanitarian organizations.
- Follow up internally with Tdh on complaints and feedback referrals with the appropriate departments and sector heads. Respond to pending issues, provide support as needed, and communicate progress back to beneficiaries.
- Inform communities regarding their right to be consulted make complaints and provide feedback to Terre des hommes and partner organisations.
- Maintain a proper filing system for all the complaints and feedback with codes.
- Participate in beneficiary identification, selection and registration
- Conduct feedback sessions with beneficiaries.
- Report allegations of irregularities, fraud, corruption or other forms of misconduct
- Other duties as required by CPiE Coordinator
- Engage with all relevant stakeholders, NGOs and UN agencies to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach to accountability.
- Promote inclusion and equal access to education for every child, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and at-risk children;
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding information and data of beneficiaries at all times;
- Ensure Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy, and Child Protection Minimum Standards are mainstreamed through all the programmatic activities;
- Commit to respecting Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Report serious cases of abuse committed against children to the Child Protection Project Manager. Strict confidentiality must be respected.
- Excellent conceptual and strategic analysis skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; active listening skills.
- Flexibility, availability and adaptability
- Very good understanding in Accountability towards affected populations associated systems and business process.
- Advance excel skills, and ODK / KoBo, cloud databases, and familiarity with mobile devices strongly preferred
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related social science degree.
Minimum of 3-year experience in relief and development work. Minimum 3-year experience in humanitarian accountability design and implementation. Minimum 2-year experience in programme planning, monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Fully comply with Tdh Code of Conduct and ensure Child Safeguarding Policy is always upheld.
- Ensure adherence to Tdh standards and quality requirements in all the project activities.
- Adhere to and ensure the team under her/his responsibility follows Tdh administrative and logistical regulations and procedures.
- Ensures ethical principles related to Core Humanitarian Standards are respected
- S/he ensures that ethical principles such as gender equality, fairness and “do no harm” are respected in projects and programmes
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
How To Apply