Full-time ActionAid Nigeria: Programme Coordinator, Migration Recruitment
ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
The Job : Programme Coordinator, Migration
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Benin, Edo, Nigeria
- The Programme Coordinator will coordinate the implementation and effective monitoring of the Migration project in Edo State
- S/he will provide programme specific support to the various livelihood and migration initiatives of the project and work as an interface between ActionAid Nigeria and the project implementing partners.
- Assist in the development of and be responsible for the effective monitoring of Project objectives and its implementation.
- Develop systems and manage the process of timely project and other reporting, including following up on internal and external reports and ensuring compliance with Terms of Reference and consultancies.
- Develop and facilitate migration content development & media relations including social media.
- Develop and support research methodologies, baselines and end lines on the project.
- Contribute to the wider development of Migration policy & practices; and lead relationships on these issues with other organisations in the sector.
- Work with the Project Accountant and Manager, Humanitarian & Resilience for financial planning, monitoring and review of Migration project work.
- Maintain positive external relationships with the relevant donors
- Ensure the annual, monthly and quarterly work plans are developed in accordance with ongoing activities and plans for the year.
- Monitor progress and ensure timely implementation of planned activities, especially those that feed into the work of other staff and partners.
- Facilitate sensitization, mobilisation and advocacy campaigns from the National, State and Local levels.
- Facilitate and support relevant capacity needs as identified from Migration project.
- Ensure the implementation of AAN methodologies at the community and states’ level
- Support beneficiaries with capacity building on income generation and conflict management while linking them with duty bearers.
- Develop training modules and facilitate trainings of groups and co-operatives on conflict prevention and management, irregular migration, participatory vulnerability analysis, early warning systems resilience, access to credits and farming techniques
- Support community visits of partner organisations, donor and partners on the project
- Support system strengthening of partner organisational development
- Develop and support reintegration processes for survivals of insurgency
- Provide mentoring support to groups and partner organisations on conflict and livelihood
- Facilitate the setting up of community structures to ensure value for money of physical projects in communities by setting up or strengthening relevant community management structures and ensure their sustainability in very close collaboration with partners
Communication and Reporting:
- Managing external communications including handling queries and issues on a timely and appropriate basis.
- Ensure partner organisations/associations have a formal internal communication channels in place
- Facilitate communication between partner organisations and units within AAN
- Set up effective communication mechanisms from community to AAN; other partners or other relevant stakeholders including security agents and other MDAs.
- Review partners’ reports and ensure compliance to required formats and timelines
- Work with relevant units to ensure implementation of planned activities
- Ensure adequate and effective documentation of all reports within the unit
- Ensure reports to donor are shared with unit manager and the Director of Programmes well ahead of due dates.
- Monitor and support partners to develop financial and accountability systems
- Support partner organisations/associations in developing periodic/annual plans and budgets
- Review, process and monitor partner organisations’ grants
- Facilitate the financial processes for service providers engaged by the unit
- Actively participate in developing budgets for the migration project in accordance with AA financial guidelines.
- Participate in any programme, procedure or strategy to enhance the goals and objectives of AAN Migration and Humanitarian & Resilience work.
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by line manager
Internal Relationships: AAN team
- External Relationships: Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies.
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts/Humanities
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- Master’s Degree in relevant discipline.
- At least 7 (seven) years’ post NYSC experience
- Four years’ experience in the similar position in the development sector
- Experience in community mobilization
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general)
- Experience working on migration and livelihood issue.
- Experience working on a conflict project and intervening at community levels.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication & writing skills
- Computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to implement data management systems
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with youth, women groups and persons with disabilities.
- Team player, a person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Proven leadership Qualities
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download, complete the Application Form below and send it together with their Applications in an MS Word attachment to: [email protected] using the Job Title and location e.g Programme Coordinator, Migration – Benin as the subject of the mail.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.