Full-time Admin/ Logistics Officer at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries-regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association. By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of millions through 9 impact areas.
The Job : Admin/ Logistics Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Admin/Logistics Officer will be based in Maiduguri-Borno State. The position will require frequent travels to ADRA Nigeria field offices/sites outside
- Admin/Logistics Officer at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond to logistics needs independently based on operational requirements.
- Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of logistics systems and logistics processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided.
- Jobholder will supervise and provide technical advice, coach and coordinate a team of all support staff.
- The jobholder will report to the Project Manager and relate with the programs teams for logistics support and ensure operational needs are met.
- To provide coordination, administrative services and research to support the efficient and effective logistics services.
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support logistics activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitioning offices, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to ADRA Nigeria.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a Supply Chain Manager, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for the Organization.
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate officers, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of logistical problems.
- Research, collect and analyze data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by procurement department, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement and logistics activities with wider program and ensure a coherent approach to meeting assistance needs.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support ADRA Nigeria to quickly respond and deploy any kind of assistance and needed resources to affected areas without delays.
- Displays basic understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation by collecting necessary information.
- Leverages basic understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of logistics systems, organization operating system and tools in regard to guidelines and policies and conducts a range of analyses and generate reports to drive decision making.
- Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.
- First Degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics, or related field is desired.
- At least more than one year of working in humanitarian responses and donor funded programs. Reporting requirements is a must. Knowledge in accounting will be an advantage;
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Good communication skills; fluency in English and Hausa (speaking & writing);
Terms and Conditions
- For back ground checks -On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their name, title, company, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number)
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in English only, via: [email protected] Indicate the Location you are willing to be posted in your mail subject.
Note: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and sexual orientation. Qualifying female applicants are encouraged to apply.