Full-time African Petroleum Producers Organization (APPO): Head of Finance and Human Resources Recruitment
The African Petroleum Producers’ Organization (APPO) is an intergovernmental energy organization created in 1987 in Lagos, Nigeria, to serve as a platform for African petroleum producing countries to cooperate, collaborate, and share knowledge and competencies. It aims to promote common policy initiatives and projects in all facets of the petroleum industry with a view to maximizing the developmental and welfare benefits accruable from petroleum exploitation activities in the Member Countries in particular and in Africa in general. The Organization is made up of 15 Member Countries with Congo Brazzaville as its headquarters, while Abuja Nigeria is the temporary headquarters.
The Secretariat of the African Petroleum Producers’ Organization (APPO) invites applications from qualified Nationals of its (18) Member Countries to fill the vacant position below:
The Job : Head of Finance and Human Resources
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Nigeria, Africa
- Establish and maintain efficient administrative systems and procedures as well as control mechanisms to support the smooth running of APPO’s operations and ensure compliance with APPO’s administrative, financial and human resources rules and procedures.
- Holds a first degree in Finance/Human Resources or any other relevant qualification/certifications issued by a recognized university/higher education institution/professional body.
- Age range: Between 35 and 50 years;
- Minimum of twenty (10) years professional experience in the petroleum sector
- Good analytical skills, organizational skills and ability to work within a team in a multicultural environment and to adapt to cultural differences;
- Good analytical skills, organizational skills and ability to work in a team setting within a multicultural environment
- Ability to take initiative, sense of discipline and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to manage a team in a multicultural environment, develop good relationship with other staff and share knowledge
- Delegation and decision-making capacity.
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to the “Executive Board Member” of the country of origin of the candidate who shall make a national preselection and send the best candidate to the APPO President through an official letter. The application shall contain:
- Application letter;
- Cover letter;
- One (01) letter of reference;
- Certified true copies//Notarized copies of degrees and work certificates; [Background Check]
- Copy of valid ID card/passport;
- Copy of a police extract dating not more than three months;
- Curriculum Vitae dated and signed by the author.
All Nigerians who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position and are interested in working at the APPO Secretariat are advised to send their applications in the format indicated above to the:
Executive Board Member, APPO,
Office of the Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources,
Block “D”, 6th Floor, NNPC Towers,
Central Area, Abuja.