Full-time AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) Recruitment – Prevention Coordinators
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeiia currently operates in 7 states including Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full time position below:
The Job : Prevention Coordinators
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Anambra, Nigeria
- The Prevention coordinator will ensure implementation of HIV prevention programs in AHF supported health facilities, ensure adherence to SOPs, national guidelines and protocols.
- He / she would facilitate the expansion and coverage of prevention program in line with approved program objectives. Strengthen collaboration & partnership with CBO / CSOs and other NGOs to enhance synergy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs aimed at Biomedical Prevention of HIV (including Test- ing and Counseling).
- Coordinates the provision of community HCT outreaches according to acceptable protocols and in line with the national guidelines.
- Scale up and strengthen the provision of HCT through provider initiated testing and counseling approaches (PITC).
- Contributes to the design and implementation of approaches in other prevention strategies-including but not limited to Blood and Injection safety, Post exposure prophylaxis, HIV Testing and Counseling, and PHDR
- Ensures effective and strategic leadership for HCWs at heath facilities and partners within the continuum of care.
- Support the design and implementation of prevention programs for MARPs and other key populations (i.e. as female sex workers, Adolescent and young persons as well as PWD).
- Contribute to the capacity building of HCWs and staff of CBO partners with respect to HIV prevention programs.
- Provides technical assistance to health facilities, CBOs sub-partners on strategic program implementation.
- Support and strengthen collaboration among CBO partners involved in HIV programs and promotes use of national and internationally recognized best practices and evidence-informed HIV biomedical interventions / services among AHF sponsored or supported programs in Nigeria.
- Supports the process of developing / reviewing and adapting HlV Testing and Counseling, Blood and Injection safety USP, PEP training curricula and other documents to meet appropriate audience.
- Ensure effective data entry, manage and supervise the process of appropriate data collection at the facility and community using appropriate data tools for all HIV prevention programs.
- Assist to ensure coordinated inventory management, performs a monthly stock count; and reports appropriately.
- Represents AHF in strategic and technical partnerships-at the National, State and Local Government levels.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned as needed.
Education and Experience
- BSc, BA or any relevant qualifications.
- MPH would be an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in providing HIV prevention activities.
- Experience with managing CBO partners a plus.
- Fluent in English and Language Skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents;
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and regulatory bodies.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format;
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2020; 5:00PM
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: [email protected] , [email protected] Kindly indicate the “Position and location” you are applying for as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word format
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.