Full-time Airtel Nigeria Recruitment – Manager, PS Core Planning
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
The Job : Manager, PS Core Planning
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- This function is expected to act as the representative for business, technical and functional requirements in the area of Packet Core solutions to support Mobile Data services.
- The function will define the optimal topology of the packet core network to meet premium service level agreements and industry architecture for next generation Packet switched networks;
- To evaluate network design and define integrated planning/implementation criteria and guidelines with partners for capacity management and dimensioning of the PS core network;
- Also would evaluate delivery of PS projects to designed SLAs whilst exploring the most efficient ways to deliver any new functional requirements placed upon the 2G/3G/LTE Mobile Network which includes but not limited to voice, data and other services.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor/Masters of Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering degree/Computer Science
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of 3GPP and GSMA standards for PS Core Network
- Minimum of 6-8years working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the MPC or EPC domains.
- Multi-vendor experience – HUAWEI, CISCO, JUNIPER, ERICSSON, ALCATEL LUCENT platforms and packet core architectures – Including Charging nodes in data networks.
- Good understanding of the evolution of 3GPP core from 2G to 4G, which includes design, test and/or deployment.
- Experience on Ericsson PS core will be added advantage
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Good project management Skills
- Experience in measuring, analyzing and interpreting network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
How To Apply