Full-time Assistant Driller – Uniterm Nigeria Limited Recruitment
Uniterm Nigeria Limited was incorporated in 2004. It has grown rapidly with professional staff of about 200 delivering quality and cost effective services in the Oil & Gas sector of the Nigerian economy. Uniterm is a Nigerian Company owned by Nigerians. The workforce is made up of professionals drawn across the world.
Uniterm is under the management of highly technical personnel with combined experience level of 150 years. Uniterm is a member of International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) and the management staff are members of various professional bodies around the world. Uniterm has offices in Portharcourt and Lagos Nigeria, Houston in USA and Calgary in Canada. Uniterm has key Technical Partners in order to continue to use state-of-the-art technology to deliver services.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
The Job : Assistant Driller
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Rivers, Nigeria
- Safely and efficiently perform all duties assigned by the Driller or other supervisor
- Ensure all operations are carried out in a safe and conscientious manner and responsible for correcting or notifying responsible persons of any unsafe acts and/or conditions which exist
- Actively participate in and contribute to pre-shift and Toolbox Talk meetings; Observation program, weekly or special operations safety meetings and ensure any concerns or issues are reported appropriately
- Demonstrate knowledge and utilization of Company’s Integrity Management System and ensure understanding and application of updates, changes and working instructions
- Assist the Driller in the direction and supervision of the drill crew, depending upon operations being carried out, and ensure respective duties are carried out in a safe and efficient manner within the parameters of Company policies
- Attend and participate in pre-tour meeting with all drill crew members to outline details of well program and prepare for the tasks ahead
- Ensure full awareness of drilling program and ensure any anomalies are identified and rectified prior to start to minimize risk
- Prior to shift, ensure all drilling related equipment is in good condition, safe to use and fit for purpose
- Ensure all tools ran are correctly drifted, measured and ID/OD is correct
- Assist the Driller with installation of all components associated with diverter and Blowout Preventer (BOP) on the well head to execute Client’s program safely and effectively
- Assist the Driller in completing blow out prevention (BOP) drills, well control sheets, pipe tallies and equipment checks and maintain related records in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Assist the Driller with jacking operations, preloading, pre-spud meeting etc. to ensure all drill crew members have details of the well program
- Assist with repositioning the derrick, substructure and related drilling equipment over the well
- Responsible for the measurement of all Bottom Hole Assembly (BHA), drill pipe and tubulars that are to be run into hole
- Assist with all preparations and rig ups associated with spudding the well
- Supervise making up the BHA and stand the drill collars back in the derrick.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.