Full-time Atlantic Hall School: PHE Teacher/Swimming Coach Recruitment
Atlantic Hall School is a co-educational full boarding secondary school set in extensive and beautiful grounds in Poka, Epe, a safe rural setting close to the Atlantic Ocean.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : PHE Teacher/Swimming Coach
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- Interested member should be able to work with the vision and mission of the school in building all-round students’ athletes; psychologically, emotionally and academically thereby producing well-balanced students and developing concepts of goal attainment through hard work and self-discipline which enhance each pupil to develop their sporting skills, abilities and talents in a safe environment.
- In charge of teaching PHE/Swimming lessons as required
- Teaching swimming classes both practices and theory, for all students in and members of school teams.
- Chaperon classes carefully to ensure all students are learning in a safe, constructive environment
- Prepare materials for lessons and ensure students observe safety rules
- Plan and prepare regular training for members of the school teams for competitions.
- Supervise the activities of the lifeguards in preparation for your lesson
- They must have exemplary skills in communication and leadership, perform well under pressure, and have the experience and confidence necessary in coaching a winning team
- They must have knowledge in the different types of equipment used at the pool and safety rules.
- Ability to coach other sports is added advantage
- Work closely with your Line Manager.
Qualification, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of a University Degree in Physical & Health Education or Human Kinetics required
- Current, valid teaching certification is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ secondary teaching experience preferred
- Experience with and mastery of the skills
- Ability to build rapport with high school-age students
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrable record of helping students to balance academic and sports
- High level of self-discipline is required.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV to: [email protected] with the job role as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.