Full-time Auchi Polytechnic: Bursar Recruitment
Auchi Polytechnic, a first generation and well established Federal Polytechnic with the functions of providing technology education, training and development of techniques in Applied Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Business Studies, Art & industrial Design as well as other spheres of learning, has vacancy for the position below:
The Job : Bursar
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Auchi, Edo, Nigeria
- The Bursar is the head of the Bursary department in the Polytechnic. He is responsible to the Rector in the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Polytechnic.
- As the financial controller, the Bursar shall advise on all financial policies Including budgetary matters, purchasing and contracts, pensions and gratuity, loans and insurance and other financial matters as may be referred to him from time to time by the Rector and the Council.
Qualification and Experience
- The applicant should possess a good honours degree or HND in Accounting or other related disciplines.
- In addition, he must have a recognized professional membership qualification such as ACA, ICAN, ACCA, ANAN, etc. with at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience.
- A Masters Degree in Accountancy or any other related discipline and Fellowship of any professional Accounting Body with at least five (5) years post qualification cognate experience will be an added advantage.
- Work experience in an Institution of higher learning will also be an added advantage.
- Candidates for the position of Bursar must have exhibited in the past, considerable degree of competence in his profession and high integrity.
- The candidate must be competent to take quick financial decisions on matters of financial resources management of the Polytechnic, in realization of the cardinal objectives of teaching, research and community service and must show foresight in the internal generation of funds.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is for a term of five (5) years only, effective from date of appointment.
- The salary attached to the position is consolidated with other benefits as comparable to that in other similar institutions of higher learning In the country.
- Applicant, who will be more than 60 years of age as at December, 2019 need not apply.
How To Apply
Candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications/Curriculum Vitae, giving information in the order listed below:
- Full names
- Post desired
- Date of birth
- Two (2) recent passport photographs
- Place of birth and state of origin
- Permanent home address (Not P.O. Box or P.M.B.)
- Current postal address (Including GSM number and e-mail address)
- Marital status
- Number of children with names and ages
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications with dates, where applicable
- Professional qualifications with dates
- Publications and books, where necessary
- Working experience, general and specific experience with dates
- Details of administrative experience and service to the community (with dates)
- Present employment, status, salary and employer
- Extra curricula activities
- Names and addresses of three Referees (two of whom must be professional authorities in relevant fields) who must be requested by the applicant to forward their confidential report to the Registrar, via the address below and marked “Confidential for the Attention of the Registrar” at the top left hand comer of the envelope
All Applications should be sent to the address below:
Office of the Registrar,
P.M.B 13, Auchi,
Note: Late application will NOT be entertained. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.