Full-time Bowen University Recruitment – Registrar
Bowen University is a licensed private institution owned by the Nigerian Baptist Convention and established in July 2001 with a commitment to high performance and adding a distinctly moral dimension and Godly value to tertiary education in Nigeria and beyond.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Registrar
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Iwo, Osun, Nigeria
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University.
- S / he is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except as otherwise stated by the University Charter.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- The person covering for the position of Registrar shall meet the following criteria:
- A Christian (preferably of Baptist denomination) who is visionary and innovative, with exemplary leadership and good communication skills.
- He / she must be digitally compliant, up-to-date in the use of information and communication technology and knowledgeable in automation of Registry operations.
- He / she must be in excellent physical and mental health, and be between 45 and 55 years of age as of the time of assumption of duty.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good honours degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from a recognized university.
- He/she must have not less than fifteen (15) years of relevant post-graduation experience in university administration or similar institution.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five (5) years.
- Bowen University runs a unique remuneration package, which is similar to what obtains in other tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
- Fringe benefits include furnished accommodation, an official vehicle and driver and other benefits as approved by the Governing Council.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2020.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to send their Application, Curriculum Vitae and all other necessary credentials as attachment in PDF format to: [email protected] using the following format:
- Full name with surname first in capital letters
- Post applied for
- Date of birth, town and state of origin Nationality
- Religion and denomination
- Current postal address including GSM number and email address
- Permanent home address
- Marital status
- Names and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Work experience
- Present employment, status and salary
- Service to national and international bodies
- Names and address of three (3) referees
- Signature and date.
- The application should include candidate’s statement of Vision and Mission for the next five years in not more than 1,000 words.
Candidates are also requested to submit Twenty (20) copies of their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and necessary credentials under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar” or “Post of Bursar Bowen University, Iwo” to:
P.M.B. 284 – Iwo,
Referees should be contacted by each candidate to submit signed electronic copies of their report in PDF format to the same email address stated above, attesting to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness.