Full-time Bridge International Academies: Associate, IT Operations Recruitment
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We are urgently recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Associate, IT Operations
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Associate, IT Operations will ensure the provision of superior customer service throughout the business, through the maintenance, enhancement and efficient operation of IT functions.
- Additionally, the role will include responsibility for ensuring the security and integrity of IT operations and systems.
- The flexibility to work outside normal business hours is integral to this role, as is the ability to work under broad direction and minimal supervision
What You Will Do
- Provide first point of IT Support contact for all Bridge staff, covering all PC hardware, software, smartphones and tablets, as well as any associated peripherals.
- Deploy computers and associated peripherals including new installations and redeployment of existing equipment.
- Install and configure operating systems and software to agreed standards under the direction of the IT Manager and other immediate supervisors.
- Maintain existing equipment to standards determined by the IT Manager, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software, and ensuring that records are kept up-to-date within the service desk system.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to colleagues, suppliers or partner organizations as required.
- Log all incidents and service requests in Bridge’s designated service desk system, where necessary login on behalf of Bridge staff
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the Bridge network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to the relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Work with colleagues to monitor performance of Bridge systems, ensuring that issues are appropriately escalated and resolved.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT Department.
- Maintain and develop excellent working relationships with key suppliers, conducting dealings in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
What You Should Have:
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC/Mac hardware
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Software and hardware troubleshooting
- Windows desktop (7/8) experience
- Microsoft Office 2010/2013 support
- Active Directory administration
- Experience working and training on a variety of IT subjects and applications
- Excellent Writing and oral communication skills
- Good research skills, including ability to identify and propose solutions to issues/crisis
- Knowledge of Android technologies, Smart Phones, LAN and Wi-Fi configurations
- A Degree from a recognized university with top marks in Computer Science or a related discipline
- 1-3 years relevant IT/industry work experience
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Relevant Microsoft certification
- Experience with admin of Microsoft systems such as Exchange, Navision, IIS, or SharePoint.
- Routers, switches and firewall experience
- A detailed doer -You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or social enterprise.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any enterprise from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often challenging, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply