Full-time BUA Group: Urban Planner Recruitment
BUA Group started business in 1988 as a Private Limited Liability Company specializing in the importation and marketing of iron & steel, agricultural and industrial chemicals. Since then it has rapidly developed into a fully-fledged, diversified business with a stake in a wide range of business sectors.
The Job : Urban Planner
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lafiagi, Kwara, Nigeria
- Responsible for conducting urban planning studies and recommend locations for roads, schools, utilities, cane field, industrial complex, and overall layout of projects in order to help the company solve economic and social issues and better utilize the project area.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
- Support on feasibility studies by preparing planning reports and projects layouts.
- Prepare the final project master plans reflecting the physical layout plans for residential, service, agriculture, and industrial areas.
- Follow on and prepare socio-economic impact assessment and demographic studies, environmental impact assessment, site analysis and environmental audit reports.
- Assess and conduct transportation and traffic management studies to ensure flow of traffic for cane transport, harvesting, and other vehicles movement.
- Assess waste management strategies and plans and ensure they meet good engineering and best practices.
- Ensure the final project master plan balances the built environment, conserves natural resources and creates diverse, vibrant and sustainable places where company workers live, work and entertain.
- BSc/BTech/HND in Architecture, Urban Planning or equivalent.
- 10 years experience in Engineering with minimum 7 years in the urban planning.
- Exposure to interconnected projects with both a holistic and detail-oriented perspectives.
- Ability to make high-quality graphics, diagrams, maps, sketches and/or renderings with good experience with Adobe Creative Suite programs, such as Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Experienced in using web-based mapping platforms like, CartoDB, MapBox or other platforms designed to use Open Street Map.
- Exposure with good understanding of agriculture and agribusiness projects planning and layouts.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] Please indicate the position in the subject of your application.
Qualified candidates that meet the specified criteria for each role are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.