Full-time Business Development Manager – Baobab Microfinance Bank Recruitment
Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Business Development Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing business solutions
- The main goal is to generate more revenue for the company, to identify sales leads, pitch goods or services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contact and come up with new sales ideas
- This includes new sales strategies, sales pitches, and business plans.
Main Duties of the Position
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Ensure marketing team meets the company’s target branding, corporate image making, planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
- Present and develop new products (Loans and Savings).
- Work with a team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns and objectives.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client
- Client Retention and lead generation.
- Present and develop new products (Loan and Savings) and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Business Development Planning.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiation.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Ensure Savings targets are met.
Objectives – Performance Indicators
- Effective business development strategy, new sales strategies, sales pitches.
- Generate revenue for the bank
- Prospect new business, and potential clients
- Client retention and generation.
Required Educational / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Marketing, Business or a related field, marketing strategy
- With at least 5 – 6 years of Experience in related role.
Required Behavioral Skills:
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to Build Client Relationships,
- Excellent innovative skills
- Good Writing and Public Speaking Skill,
- Leadership and People Management Skill,
- Organisation and Multi-Tasking Skill.
Application Closing Date
12th January, 2021
How To Apply