Full-time Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI): Logistics and Procurement Officer Recruitment
The Centre for Communication and Social Impact (CCSI), formerly known as Centre for Communication Programs Nigeria (CCPN) was registered in 2001 as a Non-Governmental Organization with the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria.
Birthed in Nigeria by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (JHCCP), Baltimore, USA, CCPN transitioned its operations under the new name CCSI after an exciting 10 years of growth and operations in Nigeria and other African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Logistics and Procurement Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Oloibiri, Bayelsa, Nigeria
Job Code: L & PO 1
The Logistic and Procurement officer will be required to:
- Support the Project Coordinator in handling procurement and logistics related tasks.
- Liaise with the Compliance Officer in every procurement to ensure adherence to company’s policies.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the entire process in the planning of commodities procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring effectively-functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
- Ensure effective lines of communication to ensure timely delivery of commodities using the most appropriate procurement procedures.
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery.
- Ensure full compliance with company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures that the prices paid for commodities are in line with local market prices.
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection, and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
- Ensure transparent and competitive procurements are conducted and properly documented as required.
- S/he plans, organizes and leads the bid solicitation process including drafting and issuing RFQ, RFP, RFI, Tenders, developing bid evaluation criteria and guiding clients on processes involved; call for and oversee selection committees to review applications and select vendors s/he ensures the integrity of the competitive process, facilitates bidder debriefings where necessary, and exercises appropriate judgment and tact while ensuring to protect confidential information.
- Prepare service delivery contracts, leases and purchase orders for all acquisition needs.
- Maintain procurement files including all relevant documentation and vendor tracking system s/he will maintain all the relevant information concerning the organization’s suppliers
- Manage vendor contracts and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract. This includes ensuring that all vendor complaints and concerns are addressed promptly to ensure that the project continues to receive uninterrupted services at all times.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required Qualifications: Education & Experience
- B.A. required; Masters preferred or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience. Professional certification and membership to a reputable procurement and supplies body is highly desirable
- Minimum 5-7 years project procurement management experience, preferably in a health-related project, and including service procurements.
- Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, stakeholders, clients and consultants.
- Advanced Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, power point, and electronic mail).
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a detailed Cover Letter describing their relevant qualifications and experience to: [email protected]Applications must indicate the Position Title & Location on the e-mail subject line.