Full-time Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) Recruitment – Research and Scheduling Assistant
The Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) was established in the United Kingdom in 1997 and subsequently registered in Lagos, Nigeria in 1999 as an independent, not-for-profit, research, training, advocacy and capacity building organisation. The Centre was founded to mobilise global opinion and resources for democratic development and provide an independent space to reflect critically on the challenges posed to the democratization and development processes in the West Africa sub-region. As the foremost think tank on democratization and development in West Africa, CDD provides alternatives and best practices in support of democracy and good governance in the region.
CDD is in an exciting phase of its development. It is rapidly expanding its capacity to engage on emergent issues that will shape West African affairs in the coming decade. For example, it is expanding its portfolio on technology and society projects, including combatting false information, studying the use of technology in political campaigning, and an online tool to keep the Nigerian president accountable to his campaign policies. CDD will not stop there it is looking into Fourth Industrial Revolution technologies like Artificial Intelligence and how they will impact society. All this builds upon its established capacity to engage on issues of transitional justice, insecurity and conflict, peace and mediation, and gender rights.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
The Job : Research and Scheduling Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- We are offering an exciting role as an intern working with the Director of CDD. Here you will work directly with the Director in carrying out her responsibilities.
- You will be involved in and provide support with her research, which can involve writing literature reviews, concept notes, drafting significant portions of project reports, and so on.
- You will also support her logistically, conceptualizing and managing projects; preparing and scheduling meetings, speeches, and presentations for her. In this role you can expect to be supported by various Programs and Administration staff, especially in the initial phase.
- This internship is remote.
Who You Are
- Background in Political Science, Public Policy, Political Economy, Law, International Relations, Administration or Project Management, Strategic Management, Consulting or Communications.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, willing to assume responsibility
- Being collaborative, energic, passionate and enthusiastic
- Ability to work in an expanding and changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; French proficiency is a strong plus.
- Structured and reliable working attitude, curiosity to learn new things
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word & Excel)
- 3-6 months (Rolling Applications, you will indicate your availability)
What We Offer
- Our Director is involved in many thematic areas, so it is a good role for someone looking to develop generalist skills or explore different areas. She is very eager to work with people that bring ideas to the table and has a policy of never turning down good ideas, so you could possibly leave an indelible mark at CDD! Furthermore, to give interns more responsibility and ownership of the program and time at CDD, we are trialing a system where interns spend the last few weeks of their internship selecting the next crop of interns. From the internship requirements to interviews, you decide it all, in consort with fellow interns—a unique teamwork opportunity for sure! We also offer a modest stipend.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2020.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.