Full-time Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) Recruitment – Head of Internal Audit
The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) is the umbrella professional body for bankers in Nigeria. It was incorporated in 1976 as the Nigerian institute of Bankers. The Institute was chartered in 1990, and now covered by the CIBN Act5 of 2007.
The Consulting arm of the Institute, CIBN Consult, with the mandate to address the increasing demand for high quality multidisciplinary consulting services to various sectors of the Nigerian economy, has over the years consistently remained in the business of delivering unparalleled, qualitative and market-driven management and financial consulting services that add value to business organizations.
Our client, an existing reputable Micro-fiance Bank based in the center city of Ijebu Land, Ogun State with sound financial track records urgently requires the services of qualified and competent personnel to fill the vacant position below:
The Job : Head of Internal Audit
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ogun, Nigeria
- Designs and supervises the implementation of an effective internal control system and audit frame work for the Bank
- Investigates all cases of non-compliance or infractions of internal policies, procedures and external regulatory standards as well as make recommendations to management as applicable.
- Prepares the Bank’s annual audit plan.
- Manages performance of audit assignments, reviews work papers and audit reports.
- Schedules and plans audit exercise; initiates project planning, assess risk and develop audit direction
- Performs preliminary planning and establishes direction for audits, provides leadership to assigned auditors, manage project to quality outcomes
- Performs audit work, including plan preparation, work papers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned by the Managing Director or by the Board.
- A first degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting and or any other related discipline.
- Possession of a Master’s degree and or professional qualifications shall be an added advantage.
- Possession of an MCIB certification with a minimum of eight years banking experience and directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Must not be older than 45 years of age.
Skills and Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of auditing concepts, principles, standards, policies and procedures
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Process and operations re-engineering skills.
- Knowledge of financial record keeping procedures, laws, regulations, and standards
Application Closing Date
11th December, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the Subject of the mail.