Full-time Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) Recruitment – Head of Academic Services
The Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) commenced operation in 1957, it was granted Charter status under the provision of Act No. 22 on 26th February, 1993. Under the Charter, the Institute (Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria) has been charged with the general duty of determining the standards of knowledge and skills to be attained by persons seeking to become registered members of the Insurance profession in Nigeria.
The Institute is seeking to recruit performance driven professionals with capacity and the right attitude to deliver exceptional results in the position below:
The Job : Head of Academic Services
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
- Formulate and execute annual strategic objectives for academic services and ensure it aligns with the College’s strategic plan
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the College’s policies and practices consistent with the College’s mission statement
- Develop initiatives to improve teaching and learning processes in line with the College’s strategic plan
- Develop and maintain a wide range of relevant programmes in insurance and financial management
- Facilitate research, consultancy and scholarly activities which would enhance the reputation of the College including publication of the College journal
- Explore new opportunities for knowledge transfer and new areas of teaching and/or research
- Develop academic policies that impact on students and faculty, and make recommendations for change when appropriate and ensure the policies are adhered to by both students and internal departments
- Manage a pool of experts, teachers and trainers (specialized in teaching risk management, insurance and financial management) both at the national and international level
- Create and foster relationships with appropriate external agencies and recognized insurance institutes to promote the objectives and the vision of the College
- Develop administrative performance standards, monitor progress against performance standards, and organise improvement efforts for staff members.
Specifications / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Social sciences related courses such as Economics, Insurance, Actuarial Sciences etc.
- MBA or Master’s degree and/or a in Risk Management, Insurance, Social or Management Sciences.
- Ph.D. (or in view) preferably in Risk Management and Insurance, Social or Management Sciences
- Relevant professional membership and/or certifications such as CIIN, CII UK, ICAN, ACCA, CIBN.
- Minimum of 12 years post-graduation experience with at least 5 years’ experience in an academic
2nd June, 2020.
How To Apply
For enquires, please send an email to [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.