Full-time Company Secretary at Girl Effect
Girl Effect is a global organization which puts girls at the heart of development by pioneering a distinctive approach to social norm change for adolescent girls living in poverty. GE began as a movement to help put girls on the development agenda by launching to a wide audience at the World Economic Forum in Davos 2009 with the Girl Effect film, which challenged people to think differently about the role girls play in society.
The Job : Company Secretary
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Girl Effect Nigeria (GEN), a company limited by guarantee registered with CaC in Nigeria requires the services of a qualified lawyer to act as its Company secretary and Retainer for a period of 1 year.
SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED UNDER THE RETAINER/COMPANY SECRETARY
- Corporate services including registrations, filings, etc
- Employee matters including disputes arising from sanctions, claims and benefits
- Expatriate matters including quotas, resident permits, etc
- General litigations and dispute resolution
- Real Estate matters including acting as company agents, negotiating rentals, purchase of property, etc
- Preparations of Agreements, documentations, etc
- Interfacing with government Ministries, Departments and Agencies on behalf of Girl Effect
- Taxes, levies, rates, etc
- General legal advice
- Keeping the index of the company, having possession of documents, seal and records of the company
- Giving notices of meetings of the company to directors and members among others
The law firms invited to this request for proposal is hereby informed that no relationship can exist between the firm and GEN except on the basis of a formal written contract. This document constitutes only a solicitation of interest in and proposal for providing legal/secretarial services to GEN, and shall not be interpreted as an offer by GEN to enter into a retainer/company secretary agreement for such services. Your response will be treated as an offer to provide such services and not an acceptance of any offer made by GEN.
This request for proposal is based on the understanding that the review of and response to this request for proposal by the law firm will not entail any cost or obligation for GEN.
Qualification and experience
- Eligible Consultants should have the following qualifications and experience:
- Must be a legal practitioner called to the Nigerian bar
- Relevant experience in providing legal services
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
How To Apply
Eligible Consultant(s) should submit proposals in electronic copy format. Proposals should also include inter alia:
Statement of relevant experience i.e. similar assignments executed/under execution
Supporting documents such as CVs are to be attached as appendix