Full-time Control Risks: Operations Manager, Chinese Business, West Africa Recruitment
Control Risks is an independent, specialist risk consultancy providing solutions for businesses to manage political, security and integrity risks, enabling them to operate successfully in challenging environments. We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people to join our business intelligence team in West Africa, based in our Lagos, Nigeria office.
The Job : Operations Manager, Chinese Business, West Africa
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
This is a client-facing, consulting, operations and business development role. The ideal
candidate being able to deliver client consulting around a range of risk management
issues, manage and coordinate complex client-facing operations and develop and grow
our business with Chinese clients.
The candidate will serve as an account representative to Chinese clients and prospects, managing client relationships with Chinese companies operating in West Africa. The candidate will identify and develop local opportunities with strategic clients and key sectors as part of the China global strategy, ensuring that we provide professional consultancy to Chinese businesses and their partners in the region.
The client will help to implement the regional strategy for growing our China business in Africa, working with colleagues across the region and China; they will co-ordinate our business plan and actions to meet and surpass regional targets, and mentor/support Chinese resources in the region.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage relationship with CNPC West Africa (Chad, Niger) and CNPC subsidiaries across the region
- Act as project coordinator for multi-disciplinary tasks for key accounts, assisting colleagues in how to deliver engagements to Chinese clients and helping to deliver consulting solutions as appropriate.
- Be the focal point and lead (internal and external) for all Chinese opportunities within West Africa
- Develop and maintain key relationships with Chinese clients and prospects
- Work closely with regional China colleagues, the China outbound team and other international offices to support sales in the overall Africa market
- Mentor Chinese colleagues in East and Southern Africa, co-ordinating and supporting business development and account management across the region
- Participate in regular internal calls with regional China colleagues and China outbound team to discuss key accounts and business development
- Work with regional Marketing, identify industry conferences and other business events to promote Control Risks and its associated branding, and to gain
- Maintain records of contacts and prospects on the CRM system; track outcomes
of major events on CRM
- Achieve and surpass sales targets
Qualifications and specialist skills
- Minimum bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Excellent English and Chinese (written and spoken); comfortable conducting meetings in all languages
- Strong interpersonal communications and presentation skills
- Political awareness and an understanding of decision-making channels in the
- Capable of seeking innovative ways to improve our client services
- Able to make difficult decisions quickly under pressure
- Strong administration skills, with the ability to manage numerous diverse projects
simultaneously while meeting exacting deadlines
- Detail-orientated and thorough
- Able to prioritise and handle multiple tasks within concurrent deadlines
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team
How To Apply