Full-time Creative Associates International: Numeracy Advisor Recruitment
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Job : Numeracy Advisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Ref.: MATHN01628
- The seven-year PLANE project, funded by the Department for International Development (DfID), is a flagship basic education programme to be implemented in Nigeria starting next year. The Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria (PLANE) project will directly support improved learning of foundational skills for children in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa states and indirectly benefit children in those states and nationally, to enable better learning outcomes including for marginalized groups of children.
- Creative is seeking a Numeracy Advisor to provide overall technical oversight and guidance to the activity’s support to improved mathematics instruction, including mathematics standards, benchmarks, curriculum and assessment systems, and learning environment.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to the Learning for Results Lead.
- Provides leadership in the development of standards and benchmarks in mathematics;
- Supervises the development and testing of mathematics curriculum and instruction;
- Supports the national scale-up planning for the mathematics curriculum;
- Supports assessment (formative and summative) of mathematics skill development of students;
- Ensures that activities and approaches across geographic areas are complementary and equitable, including under-served populations in need of inclusive education; and
- Liaises with government representatives and technicians on technical matters and bears ultimate responsibility for ensuring that children in activity-supported schools achieve improved outcomes in mathematics.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Education with a specialty in early grade mathematics or another pedagogically-oriented specialty;
- At least four (4) years of experience in work specifically to improve evidence-based early grade mathematics programming; preferably directed to rural, ethno-linguistic under-served populations;
- At least four (4) additional years of experience improving educational quality in developing countries is required;
- At least five (5) years of experience in Africa is highly desired;
- Prior proven experience with the development and implementation of evidence-based early grade mathematics materials (and preferably in local languages), training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and tests and assessments required; EGMA experience (preferred);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; and
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in local languages is highly desired.
How To Apply