Full-time Deloitte Nigeria: Senior Finance Officer Recruitment
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
The Job : Senior Finance Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Ensure that assigned programmes and projects are managed in a financially responsible manner and that significant discrepancies are promptly reported to the Finance and Admin Manager for resolution.
- Undertake occasional financial verification visits to the zones and states to confirm the adequacy of supporting documentation, accuracy of reporting and adherence to the set policies and guidelines.
- Review the concept notes/ proposals provided with payment/ advance requests to ensure they are in line with the approved work plan and budget, and that previous advances have been liquidated, prior to approval of subsequent disbursements.
- For all head office procurement and other activities, ensure compliance with the applicable procedures and that all supporting documentation is in place and checked prior to processing payment.
- Carry out month-end closing activities including reviewing the accuracy and classification of general ledger entries, completing balance sheet reconciliations (including cash/ bank and advances) and calculating the expenditure allocations to programmes and donors, where applicable.
- Assist in preparation of periodic financial reports, including annual financial statements, in line with set guidelines and formats.
- Support the work plan and budget formulation process by providing cost input and other pertinent data including any commitments and, on a day-to-day basis, provide advice to budget holders and other staff on relevant budgetary issues.
- Assist the Finance and Admin Manager on an ongoing basis to update and refine the organizational cash flow forecast based on absorption and any identified reprogramming needs.
- Generate monthly budget variance reports for management including comments to justify any significant variances between budgeted and actual expenditure.
- Prepare the bank reconciliation on a monthly basis and submit reconciliations for final review and approval by the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Maintain the fixed asset register and inventory records in line with related policies and procedures.
- Provide auditors and other reviewers with relevant input/ information and any other required assistance to ensure that the reviews run smoothly.
- Implement audit recommendations and provide regular progress updates to the Finance and Admin Manager.
- Review monthly statutory deduction schedule (PAYE, withholding tax and Pension deductions) to ensure accuracy and timely remittances to the relevant authority.
- Review and collate the taxes incurred for periodic reporting to the donor.
- Review the PMU payroll on a monthly basis according to the payroll schedule ensuring that all the required deductions are made.
- Supervise and provide mentoring to direct reports (Finance Officers).
- Provide compliance training and support to the PMU staff, where required, to ensure compliance with the organisation’s requirements.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Finance and Admin Manager that can reasonably be expected of a senior finance officer, but not necessarily specified above.
- HND/ BSc in Accountancy/ Finance or related discipline.
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, CPA/ ACCA) is required.
- Minimum of five years’ financial / grants management experience, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Demonstrated experience with donor funded grants. Specific experience in the Health sector and with Global Fund grants is an added advantage.
- Proficient in the use of at least one computerised accounting system and Microsoft Excel. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) is an asset.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Financial Regulation and Tax Laws
How To Apply