Full-time Demand Planner at Unilever
Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies.
The Job : Demand Planner
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Ref No: R-10299
Main Job Purpose
- To provide the company with an updated weekly demand forecast.
- Maintains rolling forecast for 13 weeks + 15 months on a SKU level
- Gets updates on local and central promotions and uses this information for forecasting
- Provides the markets with a weekly update on various promotions and innovations
- Is responsible to make changes/ updates in the forecast
- Gets information from category teams on all other activities e.g. trade deals, home care drive and accordingly changes/ updates the forecast
- Maintains an active/ valid list of SKU in the demand list
- Maintains a SKU mix in relation to the % of sales
- Maintains weekly forecast split
- Submits the forecast to commercial finance which forms a basis for financial forecast
- Keeps track and records issues regarding forecast accuracy, forecast consumption (Actual sales vs. forecasted sales)
- Drives market specific improvement projects to increase forecast accuracy
- Is a part of the various other improvement projects e.g. foods forecasting, promotion forecasting and drives the action plan
- Provides analyses at the required level of detail- SKU, brand, market, channel
- B.Sc Sciences (Economics, Statistics, Sociology or Industrial Engineer)
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in FMCG experience
- High analytical skills
- Advance excel skills
- Should have good interpersonal skills
- Influencing skills in order to influence category teams
- Planning an organizing skills
- Organizational awareness- they should know their counterparts in various teams
- Supply planners in the 3 SC, Category planners, sales forecasting teams, marketing/ brand managers, commercial finance.
- The role has to interact with them to resolve issues e.g. make changes in forecast.
- They need to use their influencing, negotiating skills in order to reach an agreement on the numbers
How To Apply