Full-time eHealth Africa (eHA) Recruitment – Operations and Finance Lead
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
The Job : Operations and Finance Lead
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Kano, Abuja, Nigeria
- The Operations and Finance Lead will be involved in the planning, organizing, building or renovating, and coordinating of Emergency Operations Centers (EOCs)s in at least three countries in Africa.
- Along with a “core team” of specialists, the operations and finance lead will ensure the adequacy of the EOC facilities, including their physical space, ICT connectivity, and ability to strengthen the effectiveness and efficiency of providing adequate immunization services.
- S/he will lead programs focused on strengthening existing and/or setting-up functional EOCs in the target countries. Other responsibilities include supporting communications activities, attending meetings, and establishing and maintaining relationships with all stakeholders and partner agencies. The Operations and Finance Lead will report and work closely with the Project Manager.
What you’ll do
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Undertakes needs assessment in advance of deployment to target countries and supports in the development of a “playbook” detailing minimum aspects required for EOC set up, maintenance, and operating efficiency
- Travels with the core team to three countries for a period of approximately eight weeks per country to establish functional EOCs. May be required to travel back to each country throughout the life of the project.
- Ensures EOCs are functioning and maintains good operational management and country ownership
- Acts as a contact point for the local EOC management teams throughout the project lifetime and provides remote support to EOC teams in all three target countries throughout the life of the project
- Provides on-the-ground support and actions for local Core Team assignments to core roles, and subsequent capacity building for these teams
- Provides on the ground oversight and support for any civil works, as well as supply chain and field operations systems deployment
- Supports the procurement and deployment of infrastructure and tools to provide required services at the EOCs
- Undertakes the internal financial and operational management for the project – including managing the budget, organising local procurement and travel, and financial reporting
- Prepares periodical financial reporting to the core team
- Monitors EOC development and operational capacity to ensure quality and accuracy of work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual commitments
- Fosters a project work environment that promotes productivity, innovation, and fairness
- Works with Project Manager, Core Team, State Government, and donors/partners to implement EOC projects and deliver on program objectives
- Completes handover/closeout report for all states on completion of EOC upgrades
- Periodically reports project progress/issues/challenges to Project Manager and updates risk register as and when required
- Ensures compliance with government laws and regulations
- Provides thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to project manager on strategy
- Ensures effective communication and coordination between team members, stakeholders, government agencies and other agencies;
- Works closely with the project team, business representatives, various interdepartmental teams and external vendor(s) and ensures positive relationships are established and maintained
- Participates in corporate strategic planning activities and applies project management theory to the organisation business challenges
- Consistently at work and on time & adheres to Policies and Procedures
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management
Who you are:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a relevant field (project management, engineering, information and communications technology, or similar)
- Three years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in project coordination/management
- Fluency in French is a strong asset
- Must have or be willing to get a valid passport and be willing to travel within Africa throughout the life of the project
- Knowledge of EOCs information and management processing concepts
- Ability to plan, organize and manage the activities of a team
- Ability to translate technical concepts and terminology in terms understandable to government officials and agency heads
- Ability to present data clearly and highlight its potential for decision making to high level stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate large scale events, including workshops and training sessions
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communication skills, including technical writing skills
- Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering on objectives
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to work calmly under pressure
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Creativity/Innovation: Develops new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities
- Focuses on Partner/Client Needs: Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external clients and partners to meet or exceed their expectations within the organisational parameters
- Leads: Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Organizes: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks details, data, information and activities
- Solves Problems: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem
- Thinks Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions in the environment, and the vision and values of the organisation
Certifications and Licenses:
- A project Management (PMI) certification is preferred
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in French will be required for at least two of the positions to be hired.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the executive and senior managers, employees, the general public and clients/partners.
How To Apply