Full-time EHS Risk & Performance Manager at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
The Job : EHS Risk & Performance Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Number: 35482
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Seniority Level: Associate Manager
Reports to: EHS Operations Manager
Reporting Level: Management
Geographic Scope: WAM (West African Markets)
Role Positioning and Objectives
- The role is responsible for protecting people, equipment, brands and the reputation of the British American Tobacco West African Area business, Processes must operate effectively and efficiently to ensure adherence to legislation, the BAT Global Risk Management Standards and local policy guidelines.
What You will be Accountable for
- Lead and Support the EHS activities across Nigeria’s commercial and WAM business to ensure they embed and sustain a culture of Compliance to all the BAT Risk management standards including legal compliance
- Embed BAT Policies and Standards in all locations in Nigeria and WAM, including training required at the various locations
- Document and investigate accidents and incidents which occur in commercial and monitor the implementation of corrective actions
- Prepare and maintain required EHS statistics and key performance indicators for review, report and update the dashboard accordingly
- Coordinate the effective, accurate and timely global EHS reporting for the Area as required by the EHS global council
- Maintain and update as needed Safe Operating Procedures for all task and activities and utilize them in the day to day training of employees and contractors
- Conducting site reviews/inspections and job safety analysis/hazard assessments to determine if environmental health and safety standards are being met
- Ensuring that standard are maintained in the specification for procurement of vehicles, personal protective and safety equipment.
- Lead EHS management initiatives through sites leadership teams to ensure they are entrenched across all locations
- Manage Team Based Risk Assessments and the process conduct training for those involved
- Conducting incident investigations to determine root cause(s) and contributory factors; the reporting of findings to BAT’s management and suggestions for follow-up actions aimed at preventing a reoccurrence
- Conduct and coordinate training sessions for employees, contractors and visitors when required by, or as applicable toward, company operations and needs.
- Provides direction to local EH&S champions across the area
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach
- Maintain good relationship with all EHS related government agencies and bodies both local and international: – E.g. FMEnv., OSMEnv, Departmental Safety Reps, First Aid team, Fire Marshals, EHS Tech. Reps. etc.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree, with NYSC Completed
- Experience in EHS within the Commercial, Distribution and Fleet Management areas
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, ideally in an international FMCG company
- NEBOSH Certification
- Ability to engage very senior stakeholders, as well as people from different backgrounds
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Previous team management experience would be an added advantage
- Availability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time.
How To Apply