Full-time Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji Recruitment – Bursar
The Federal Polytechnic Ile-Oluji, Ondo State, Nigeria, is one of the Four Polytechnics established by the Federal Government in 2014 and commenced physical operation on 1st April, 2015. As a fast growing Institution, the Polytechnic runs Twelve (12) National Diploma (ND) programmes and intends to commence Five (5) Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes in the early part of year 2020.
The Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji is governed in accordance with the Federal Polytechnics Act (Cap F17) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 as amended in the Federal Polytechnics Act (Amendment) 2019.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
The Job : Bursar
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ile-Oluji, Ondo, Nigeria
- The Position of the Bursar of the Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji will be vacant with effect from 12th March, 2020. Thus, we are seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill this position.
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and Head of the Bursary Department in the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector in the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Polytechnic
- The Bursar shall advise on all financial policies including budgetary matters, procurement, contracts, pensions and gratuity
- The Bursar also advises on the issuance of loans, insurance, and other financial matters as may be referred to him from time to time by the Rector and the Council
- The Bursar performs other related matters as may be assigned by the Council and Rector from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants for the Position of Bursar must possess a good honours Degree or HND (at least a Second Class Lower Division/Lower Credit) in Accountancy with at least eighteen (18) years post qualification cognate experience
- He/She must possess membership of any of the recognized professional bodies such as ICAN, ANAN, ACA, ACCA and CNA.
- A Master’s Degree in Accountancy or any related discipline and fellowship of any Professional Accounting Body will be an added advantage
- He/she must have been/be a Deputy Bursar/Chief Accountant/Chief Auditor in a Polytechnic or similar Institution for at least five (5) years and be computer literate
- He/she must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty as Bursar
- Applicants for the position of Bursar must have exhibited in the past, considerable degree of competence in his profession and high integrity
- The applicant must be competent to take quick financial decisions on matters of financial resources management of the Polytechnic.
Qualities Expected From Applicants
Applicants are expected to:
- Demonstrate evidence of strong administrative and visionary leadership;
- Be morally sound and of impeccable character;
- Enjoy sound physical and mental health; and
- Be intellectually sound and demonstrate knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Polytechnic system.
Terms of Appointment/Condition of Service
- The conditions of service are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the country
- The appointments are for a single term of five (5) years
- The salary is consolidated and the appointees shall enjoy benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2020.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to attach to their Applications, fifteen (15) type written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname underlined)
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Current Postal Address (including telephone number and email)
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Publications (If any)
- Honours and Distinctions (if any)
- Working Experience (General and Specific Experience with dates)
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates
- Evidence of Community Service (with dates)
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees who are to forward confidential Reports directly to the Registrar. Such – referees should be able to attest to the applicant’s suitability for the position.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Position of Bursar” at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council
Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji,
P.M. B. 727,
Ile-Oluji, Ondo State.
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials, if invited for interview. Photocopies will not be accepted
- Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.