Full-time Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji Recruitment – Polytechnic Librarian
The Federal Polytechnic Ile-Oluji, Ondo State, Nigeria, is one of the Four Polytechnics established by the Federal Government in 2014 and commenced physical operation on 1st April, 2015. As a fast growing Institution, the Polytechnic runs Twelve (12) National Diploma (ND) programmes and intends to commence Five (5) Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes in the early part of year 2020.
The Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji is governed in accordance with the Federal Polytechnics Act (Cap F17) Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004 as amended in the Federal Polytechnics Act (Amendment) 2019.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
The Job : Polytechnic Librarian
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ile-Oluji, Ondo, Nigeria
- The Position of the Librarian of the Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji will be vacant with effect from 12th March, 2020. Thus, we are seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill this position.
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer and Head of the Polytechnic Library
- He/she is responsible to the Rector in the day-to-day administration and control of the Polytechnic Library.
- He/she is the custodian of the Polytechnic Library materials and resources
- He/she is responsible for the preparation of the Library budget
- The Polytechnic Librarian performs other related matters as may be assigned by the Council and Rector from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants for the Position of Polytechnic Librarian must possess a good Bachelor’s Degree with Master’s Degree in Library Studies/Science (M.LS) plus fifteen (15) years cognate experience OR Ph.D in Library and Information Science with Twelve (12) years cognate experience
- He/she must not be more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty as Polytechnic Librarian
- He/she must have been/be Chief Lecturer/Chief Librarian in a Polytechnic or similar institution for at least five (5) years and must be computer literate.
Qualities Expected From Applicants
Applicants are expected to:
- Demonstrate evidence of strong administrative and visionary leadership;
- Be morally sound and of impeccable character;
- Enjoy sound physical and mental health; and
- Be intellectually sound and demonstrate knowledge of the rules and regulations of the Polytechnic system.
Terms of Appointment/Condition of Service
- The conditions of service are the same as obtained in all Federal Polytechnics in the country
- The appointments are for a single term of five (5) years
- The salary is consolidated and the appointees shall enjoy benefits of office as may be approved from time to time by the Federal Government.
Application Closing Date
15th January, 2020.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to attach to their Applications, fifteen (15) type written copies of their Curriculum Vitae, giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname underlined)
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Current Postal Address (including telephone number and email)
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Publications (If any)
- Honours and Distinctions (if any)
- Working Experience (General and Specific Experience with dates)
- Conferences attended and papers presented with dates
- Evidence of Community Service (with dates)
- Present Employment to include status, salary, duties and any other relevant experience
- Other activities outside current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees who are to forward confidential Reports directly to the Registrar. Such – referees should be able to attest to the applicant’s suitability for the position.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “Application for the Position of Polytechnic Librarian” at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council
Federal Polytechnic, Ile-Oluji,
P.M. B. 727, Ile-Oluji,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of their certificates and other relevant credentials, if invited for interview. Photocopies will not be accepted
- Applicants must also be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence.