Full-time Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda: Bursar Recruitment
The Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below that will be vacant on 21st March 2020:
The Job : Bursar
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Zamfara, Nigeria
- The Bursar is the Head of the Bursary Department
- He is responsible to the Rector in the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the Polytechnic.
- He is to advise on all financial policies including budgetary matters, purchasing and contracts, loans, insurances etc.
- Performs other related matters as may be assigned by the Rector and the Council from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant for the position must possess a good honours degree or HND (minimum of second class lower division/lower credit) in Accountancy with at least 18 years post qualification cognate experience.
- He must possess membership of any of the recognized professional bodies such as ANAN, ICAN ACA,ACCA and CNA.
- A Masters degree in Accountancy or any related discipline and fellowship of any Professional Accounting Body with at least 5 years post qualification cognate experience.
- He must be a Chief Accountant in a Polytechnic or similar Institution for at least 5 years and be a computer literate.
- He must not be more than fifty nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Candidates for the position of Bursar must have exhibited in the past, considerable degree of competence in his profession and high integrity.
- The candidate must be competent to take quick financial decisions on matters of financial resources management of the Polytechnic in relalization of the cardinal objectives of teaching, research and community service.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
Terms and Conditions of Service for is as per the amended Polytechnic Act (2019). The appointment is for a single term of 5 years. The salary is consolidated and the successful candidates shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved by the Federal Government from time to time.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of typewritten Applications along with Curriculum Vitae to include the following:
- Full Name with Surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with age(s)
- Schools attended with dates
- Certificates obtained with dates
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Current Postal Address including telephone number & e-mail
- Community Service
- Present Appointment with date and salary
- Names and addresses of 3 Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the address below.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Bursar” on the top left hand corner, and addressed to:
P.M.B. 1012, Kaura Namoda,
Note: Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.