Full-time Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda: Polytechnic Librarian Recruitment
The Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below that will be vacant on 21st March 2020:
The Job : Polytechnic Librarian
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Zamfara, Nigeria
- The Polytechnic Librarian is the Head of the Library Department
- He is responsible to the Rector in the day-to-day administration and control of the Library.
- He Is responsible for the preparation of Library budgets.
- He is the custodian of the Polytechnic Library materials in the Library.
Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant for the post of Polytechnic Librarian must possess a good honours degree with Masters in Library Studies/Science (MLS) plus fifteen (15) years cognate experience or Ph.D in Library Science and Information with 12 years cog nato experience.
- He must be a Chief Lecturer in a Polytechnic or similar Institution for at least five (5) years and be a computer literate.
- He must not be more than fifty nine (59) years of age as at the time of assumption of duty.
- Performs other related matters as may be assigned by the Rector and the Council from time to time.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
Terms and Conditions of Service for is as per the amended Polytechnic Act (2019). The appointment is for a single term of 5 years. The salary is consolidated and the successful candidates shall enjoy other benefits of office as may be approved by the Federal Government from time to time.
Application Closing Date
17th December, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit twenty (20) copies of typewritten Applications along with Curriculum Vitae to include the following:
- Full Name with Surname underlined
- Date and Place of Birth
- State of Origin/Local Government
- Permanent Home Address
- Present Contact Address
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with age(s)
- Schools attended with dates
- Certificates obtained with dates
- Membership of relevant professional bodies
- Current Postal Address including telephone number & e-mail
- Community Service
- Present Appointment with date and salary
- Names and addresses of 3 Referees (Employer, Educational and Personal) who are to forward confidential reports on them directly to the address below.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Polytechnic Librarian” on the top left hand corner, and addressed to:
P.M.B. 1012, Kaura Namoda,
Note: Applicants must be ready to support every claim with documentary evidence (where applicable) and bring the originals of all their credentials if invited for interview.