Full-time Federal University, Gashua: Reader/Deputy University Librarian Recruitment
The Federal University, Gashua, Yobe State, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
The Job : Reader/Deputy University Librarian
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Gashua, Yobe, Nigeria
Candidates for this post should:
- Be professionally qualified and a practicing Librarian
- Possess a good honours Degree and Ph.D in Library and Information Science obtained from a recognized University
- A Ph.D. holder with a minimum of eight years teaching experience at the University level
- A minimum of three years as a Senior Lecturer in the University
- Postgraduate supervision at Ph.D. level where the program is available
- Considerable background of research with a sufficient number of admissible publications, totaling a minimum of 40 score points or a minimum often (10) articles published in reputable journals/books
- Have at least fifteen (15) years relevant experience, preferably in a University system
- Be Chartered Librarian, registered with the Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN)
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Salary and Condition of Service
- Salary and conditions of service shall be as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
7th October, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of word processed Applications, up-to-date Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and names of 3 (three) referees. The CV should include the following below:
- Full name (surname first in Capital Letters)
- Place and Date of birth
- Marital status
- Number and Ages of children
- E-mail and GSM number
- Postal address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of origin & Local Gov’t Area
- Schools attended & qualifications obtained with dates
- List of Publications
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of professional body
- Names and addresses of 3 (three) referees.
Applications should be enclosed in a sealed envelop and marked “Confidential: for the attention of the Registrar” at the left hand corner of the envelope, addressed and sent to:
Federal University, Gashua,
- Late applications will not be entertained and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Successful applicants will be required to be resident in Gashua, in Bade Local Government of Yobe State.