Full-time FHI 360: Assistant Technical Officer, Nutrition Recruitment
FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve – improving lives for millions.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
The Job : Assistant Technical Officer, Nutrition
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Gamboru Ngala, Borno, Nigeria
Requisition Id: 2019201287
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis. FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health, Protection and Nutrition interventions
- Position is responsible for providing quality CMAM and IYCF – E services at community and facility levels
- The incumbent will engage in treatment of SAM children at the OTP or SC as deemed necessary and will work with other team members in the delivery of optimal infant and young child feeding in emergency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead community outreach activities, MUAC screening/Active case finding for malnutrition in children under-5.
- Provision of OTP services in target communities/IDP camp.
- Provide quality care for SAM patients admitted in the stabilization centre.
- Engage in all FHI 360 IYCF activities (community cooking demonstration, IYCF corners, father and mother support groups meetings etc.).
- Lead micronutrient supplementation including MNP distribution.
- Identify training needs and build technical capacity of CMAM Assistants, support group promoters, CNMs, and Lead persons.
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from program implementation.
- Develop network with other actors in the operational area as well as community leaders/representatives
- Ensure Gender mainstreaming in nutrition, and integration of Health and WASH into nutrition program.
- Engage in community dialogue, sensitize stakeholders/community on nutrition in emergency activities and specific humanitarian programs implemented by FHI 360.
- Take monthly physical inventory of all nutrition supplies ensuring stock levels are accounted for and adequate.
- Support M & E unit during surveys, assessments, FGDs including preparation and submission of timely reports.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- Inform TO HNS of any professional problems encountered.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Ability and willingness to stay at the LGA is required.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- Excellent spoken and written Local dialects and English languages.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working in clinical setting is an asset.
- Ability to prepare weekly and monthly program reports.
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, MBBS, Nursing or closely related field with 1-3 years’ experience in CMAM/SAM preferably in the NGO sector
- Must have a valid practicing license. Experience working with a humanitarian organization.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Application Closing Date
21st July, 2019.
How To Apply
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.