Full-time Fitter (Head Operator / Technician) at Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
The Job : Fitter (Head Operator / Technician) Cement Industry, DCP
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reference No.: GbokoMechanical 002
Location: Gboko, Benue
Employment Type: Full time
Reports To: Sectional / Shift Engineer
Job Grade Level: 4
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for fitting, machining and fabrication jobs that are allocated to him by the shift engineer in any of the sections and with respect to quality and safe work practices
- Responsible for coordinating and guiding of welders, riggers and helpers during maintenance jobs
- Responsible for housekeeping before, during and after maintenance jobs
- Responsible for bringing to the notice of the sectional or shift engineer, any discrepancy or defect that will require their attention
- Responsible for recording the progress achieved and details of job carried out in the maintenance register
Education and Work Experience:
- Trade test ii + 16 years relevant experience
- Trade test i + 8 years relevant experience
- OND in mechanical engineering+ 3 years relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to implore all senses during running inspections
- Ability to take and read accurate measurements
- Ability to carry out equipment alignment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
How To Apply