Full-time Fleet Assistant – Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) Recruitment
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Fleet Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Maiduguri, Borno, Nigeria
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119,913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
In 2019, PUI will further develop its integrated approach by adding a WASH component to its comprehensive response. In parallel, PUI is continuously supporting the coordination mechanisms in North-East Nigeria humanitarian crisis. Finally, PUI is also running the common logistics platform for all humanitarian actors thanks to a co-funding between 20 partners, and funding from the logistics sector (WFP). Thanks to the Maiduguri Inter-Agency Logistic Platform, 91 projects have been supported in 2018, for a total of 7 000 000 of indirect beneficiaries.
- Under the supervision of the SC Nurse, the SC Feeding Assistant is responsible to provide the nutrition care plan, formulate and make available therapeutic foods for the assigned patients in the SC ward. S/he is in charge of providing nutrition education and counseling for the caregivers and ensure that the patients and their caretakers receive maximum care and support while in the stabilization center.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist the Logistics officer to ensure that the administrative documents for all vehicles are available, filed and monitored
- Organize the schedule of vehicle movements and drivers at Coordination base level
- Assist the Coordination Logistics Team to report all cars incidents and prepare the reports
- Organise monthly meeting with PUI drivers on sensitiztion of PUI safety and guidelines
- Ensure the daily, weekly and monthly checks on all PUI vehicles according to PUI fleet guidelines
- Assist Logistics officer on vehicle estimate for the month and process the monthly vehicle statement
- Allocation of vehicles to the staff during the working hours
- Provide assistance and support on vehicle repair and management
- Update the daily movement board (Airport drop-offs/pick-ups and movement within/outside the town)
- Assist the Logistics officer for cargo movements across all the bases
- Ensure that vehicle log books are maintained
- Maintain data and update records of all vehicles
- Ensure that office vehicles are checked daily and roadworthy
- Ensure that regular service schedule and maintenances are carried out
- Ensure proper monitoring of diesel for generators
- Ensure all generator files (diesel reception, generator fueling follow-up, generator time sheet etc.) are well managed
- Ensure proper maintenance and repair of generator fleets when due for servicing
- Fill the vehicle card of pointing on a daily basis
- Prepare duty roaster for the drivers
- Ensure that all requirements stated in the vehicle rental contract are duly implemented and communicates any discrepancies with the Logistics officer
- Dispatch the equipment on the base according to the needs, and archive the waybills accordingly
- Support the Logistics officer to make sure the assets are properly maintained and maintenance intervals and procedures are respected
- Monitor and facilitate repair orders as assigned by the logistics officer
- Assist workers or specialized technicians if needed
- Ensure the equipment and machines used by teams under his / her supervision are cleaned and kept in good condition
- Ensure the daily workers attendance follow up and edit the attendance sheets
- Prepare the payments files of daily workers in his/her domain of supervision before submitting to Finance department
- Report potential fleet or security incidents to the Logistic Officer
- Understand and obey traffic law and regulations and sensitize drivers on their implementation
Documentation and Reporting:
- Give a daily report to the Logistics Officer about the progress of the logistics activities
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to his/her domain
- Update and share the monthly fire extinguisher follow-up
- Update and record the vehicle, generator and fuel follow-up regularly and send to the Logistics officer on a monthly basis
Priorities of the Department:
- Optimization of the utilisation of the vehicles and energy supply
- Sizing of the motor pool
- Management of Maiduguri base drivers
- Reporting on fuel consumption of base and guest house generators
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Good command in English and in local Dialects such as Hausa and Kanuri
- Diploma or Graduate in Logistics, Business Administration or similar field of studies
- At least 1 year of progressive work experience with NGO in a similar field
Knowledge and Skills:
- Team Management
- Logistical skills
- Knowledge of institutional donors procedures (UE, OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies…)
- Pack Office and any other software
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiatives taker
- Independent worker
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2021.
How To Apply