Full-time Fleet Manager at Sahara Group Limited
Sahara Group is a leading international energy and infrastructure conglomerate with operations in over 38 countries across Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Spanning three decades, we have broken ground and challenged stereotypes across the global business landscape. The women and men who make up our organization are our strongest levers for growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Fleet Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos State, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Level: Manager / Supervisor
- The role manages the entire activities of the Fleet department to ensure that fleet is always available, dependable and safe at all times.
- The incumbent develops, refines, and oversees the preventative maintenance programs and ensures compliance with organisational policies, Government regulations and manufacturer requirements.
- Analyses maintenance costs and provides recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement
- Tracks fleet usage and maintain accurate inventories of equipment
- Assists in the development of maintenance budgets by providing input relative to policies, costs, established metrics, and projections
- Ensures the maintenance records for all fleet and heavy equipment assets are accurate and up to date
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with local and state rules and regulations.
- Maintain and monitor data management system to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user surveys to forecast new requirements.
- Maintenance estimate collation and documentation report
- Provides leadership and effective communication to management, employees and other stakeholders
- Communicates maintenance requirements to ensure maximum efficiency and implement corrective actions as required
- Collaborates with other departments on cross-department initiatives
- Driver management through monthly pep-talk
Minimum Qualification/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in fleet management, mechanical maintenance, preventative maintenance, budget administration, contract management, and tendering procedures.
- Valid driver’s license. Must meet all internal and local regulatory requirements to drive.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, practices, tools, equipment and materials for vehicle maintenance and fleet management
- Certification in Logistics and transport management would be an added advantage.
- Candidate must be hardworking and dedicated
- Candidate must be highly analytical and creative,
- Candidate must be resourceful with good interpersonal skills to relate with people across different social strata.
- Candidate must possess the ability to adapt to different types of environment
Knowledge / Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle basic operating system
- Good knowledge of excel
- Ability to think on his/her feet
- Requires minimal supervision
- Ability to be creative in logistic challenge resolution
- Ability to manage time and other resources available – human and material
- Sahara Group Drivers
- Account officers in respective Group companies
- Fleet vendors
- Sahara fleet users
How To Apply