Full-time Full Stack Software Engineer, Engineering Lab – Airtel Africa Recruitment
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Full Stack Software Engineer, Engineering Lab
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- If you are passionate about building, owning and operating massively scalable systems and experienced in being in a team of highly competent software engineers impacting millions of lives around you, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
- This job is responsible for conducting Software Development: Build and implement business applications. This Job requires working with other Developers and Project Managers throughout the software development life cycle.
- In this role, you should be a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
- Your goal will be to build efficient programs and systems that serve user needs.
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications, create technical documentation for reference and reporting, integrate software components and third-party programs, Verify and deploy programs and systems, Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software, Gather and evaluate user feedback, Recommend and execute improvements.
- Interpret URS (User Requirement Specification) / PCN (Product Concept Note) and develop Solutions
- Integrate with other teams and team members.
- Ensure Standard architecture is adhered.
- Ensure Standard design is adhered.
- Ensure Security standards are not compromised as a result of development.
- Should have understanding and hands on experience on CI/CD pipeline.
- Should ensure modular design of applications.
- Good understanding of Programming languages, APIs and Databases.
- Understanding of working on Integrated IT systems
- Learn emerging and new technologies.
- Adopt future proof technology.
- Alignment of systems to business strategy & Delivery of Services and resolution of issues.
- Continuously engage with Business & Technology departments to understand the issues, requirements and engage with the Partners for proper resolution and delivery of services as per agreed time and SLAs.
- Ensure integration of various solutions with IT & Network Echo Systems to ensure the proper management of Lifecycle for specific product
- Work in close co-ordination with network team, BSS team for selecting and implementing end to end products
- Implementation of end to end service path and revenue path of the customer
- Drive third party partner engagement for new product development
- Manage project delivery and payment milestones with strategic partners.
- Liaise and review SLAs (Service level Agreements) with vendors
- Ensure prompt response to Group request on product development activities.
- Prompt resolution and management of issues with vendors.
What will make you successful?
- BSc / BA / Engineering in Computer Science or related discipline
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Software Developer/ Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- Experience with databases (MS SQL, Oracle, Redis, MongoDB) and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Entity Framework).
- Experience working with queues: Eg Kafka.
- Knowledge of UI/UX designs.
- Experience of developing front end applications: Web and Mobile apps.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply