Full-time GitLab Nigeria: Product Designer, Secure Recruitment
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project, helping developers collaborate on code to build great things and ship on time. We are an active participant in our global community of customers and contributors, trying to serve their needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write. We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Product Designer, Secure
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- This Product Designer position for our Secure stage group is 100% remote.
A Brief Overview
- GitLab is building an open source, single application for the entire DevOps lifecycle-from project planning and source code management to CI/CD, monitoring, and security.
- We started 2019 with a team of 15 Product Designers and Researchers. Right now, we’re in a period of growth, we’re doubling the size of the UX team, and we’re doubling the number of GitLab employees to over 1000 this year, too.
- At GitLab, we live and breathe open source principles. This means our entire handbook is online, and with a few clicks, you can find the details of future releases and an overview of the product vision you’d contribute to when working here.
- The goal of GitLab’s Secure stage group is to support users in prioritizing, managing, and solving any security issue that may affect their environment or application.
What you can expect in a Product Designer, Secure role at GitLab:
- You’ll help improve the overall experience of our product through research and design.
- You’ll work with Product Managers to define the product goals, roadmap, and strategy for our Secure stage group.
- You’ll work alongside UX Researchers, Product Managers, and Engineers to iterate on new features within the GitLab product.
- You’ll communicate your design thinking and ideas through wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups, and hi-fidelity visual designs.
- You’ll engage with our user base and the wider GitLab community to understand their pain points and work toward long-term fixes that enable them to succeed with their goals.
- You’ll undertake usability testing to validate your thinking, collaborate with our UX Researchers on generative research, and you’ll share findings with the wider team, ensuring recommendations are communicated effectively across our organization.
- You’ll contribute to our Design System, alongside the rest of the UX team and the GitLab community as a whole.
Projects you might work on in our Secure stage group:
- You’ll join the team at an early stage, collaborating with a cross-functional team, helping to build out security testing and compliance features, dashboards, and a UX strategy for users in the security and software engineering industry.
You should apply if:
- You’ve got at least a few years of experience designing developer tools, enterprise software, or complex web applications.
- You’re driven to design a world-class product for the security industry
- You’ve got some knowledge of the world of security through past experiences, passions or previous job roles
- You enjoy getting involved in research and usability testing, and you continually look to improve your user research abilities.
- You want to design for a complex product with technical users who have continually evolving needs.
- You’ve got a portfolio of work that shows us your product design skills across user research, UX strategy, wireframing, prototyping, product strategy, and visual design.
- The idea of playing a key part in the evolution of our Pajamas Design System is truly exciting to you.
- Our values of collaboration, results, efficiency, diversity, iteration, and transparency resonate with you.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply