Full-time Head, Internal Audit – Talents and Skills Africa Consulting Recruitment
Talents and Skills Africa Consulting LLC is a leading HR outsourcing and business support solutions provider in Nigeria providing a comprehensive range of outsourcing services from People Outsourcing to Business Process Outsourcing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Head, Internal Audit
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- The job holder is responsible for the Organization’s strategic risk-based internal Audit plan and managing the Internal Audit function in accordance with the Business goals & Objectives. Also responsible for planning and conducting operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and organizational risk
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the audit process and make any necessary recommendations to change policies, implement new systems and ensure strict compliance.
- Execute the Internal Auditing process within the company activities.
- Provide audit report and make recommendations where necessary
- Maintain a reporting system.
- Develop an audit program to implement and review the existing audit program to meet newly established structures in the company.
- Suggests action to correct system or process weaknesses and lack of internal control.
- Check efficiency and knowledge of procedures’ in the company’s service delivery and activities.
- Design and implement control mechanisms across the business.
- Monitor compliance / adherence to company’s policy and assists in the evaluation of system control.
- Detect and Prevent fraud with the sole aim of safeguarding the company’s assets.
- Identifies internal control gaps in business procedures, processes, or systems and initiates appropriate remedial action.
Core Internal Audit Functions
Audit duties cut across the following units:
Accounts & Finance Dept:
- Conduct check and verification of payable and receivable accounts to ensure improving / complying with established policies and procedures
- Conduct prepayment audit review of payment vouchers and supporting documents
- Conduct a post-payment audit on bank / cash operations and verify payments to third parties
- Participate in audit follow up review, special audits, loss and fraud investigations
- Support Account in the following arrears:
- Review of Management Account / Company’s Annual Report
- Review Annual Budget
- Bank Reconciliations
- Ensure compliance to relevant tax laws (local & international) and professional standards (books of account and financial statements)
Inventory / Operations:
- Support in providing quality control checks on products
- Accurate documentation of stock and inventory
- Systematic and thorough details to the vetting of supply invoices.
- Effect Weekly / Monthly / Quarterly / Yearly Product And Sales Audit As Applicable.
- Prepares audit report (weekly / monthly / quarterly / Yearly) for management.
Internal Control Functions:
- Actual inventory audit of branches, stores, and warehouses. Submit reports monthly
- Stock taking across all branches
- Do audit trail of all transactions on ERP BUSY and make necessary reports
- Checking to ensure products are properly priced to avoid revenue leakages (random checking of sales orders and other relevant documents)
- Weekly reconciliation of products / inventory across all the branches
- Providing a positive control environment
- Identifying potential risk areas
- Implementing timely corrective actions
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by Executive Management.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting & Finance or other closely related fields.
- Certified Internal Audit (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- 10-12 years’ experience in auditing or accounting; 7 years in a management role
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices
- Knowledge of a variety of reporting procedures,regulations, and law
- Planning and time management
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Tenacity and ethics
Application Closing Date
4th February, 2021.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.