Full-time Head SME Managers – Baobab Microfinance Bank recruitment
Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Head SME Managers
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Kaduna, Nigeria
- The successful candidate will be responsible for setting the strategic agenda for SME Banking Department through balance sheet growth, Customer Acquisition,Customer retention, profit &; loss targets in order to support achievement of overall business strategy; in a cost effective and high return manner
- The job holder will be involved in product development oversight aimed at sustaining the Bank’s competitive position within SME businesses. Coverage will be strictly loans and advances.
- The Chief’s mission is to drive SME credit (Loans &; Advances) ranging from 4 million to 50 million Nigeria Naira across all the Northern branche in Nigeria.
- To achieve and develop, lead the implementation of the SME Segment strategy in line with the overall Retail Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- To drive sustainable growth and acquisition of new customers for the SME Banking through the creation, development and maintenance of high quality advisory relationships.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers / suppliers / line manager /stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the SME Segment.
- To drive customer-led propositions for the SME Banking Segment by developing a pipeline of value adding customer solutions to include customer experience, products, and service offers.
- To ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new SME loan products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the Bank.
- Championing the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- Facilitate training programs to enhance product knowledge to the Retail Banking teams, branch staff and sales teams on SME Banking Products.
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at SME Banking, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Ensuring timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements whilst maintaining the quality of the SME portfolio within the stipulated NonPerforming Loans (NPL) and Portfolio at Risk (PAR) parameters.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing SME team.
- To meet monthly objective of ₦250,000,000.00 i.e Two hundred and fifty Million naira loan disbursement per month.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- University Degree in a Business related field. An advanced degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional Product Development or Project Management Qualification.
- Microfinance experience preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years general banking experience with at least 5 years’ experience in SME Sector 3 years of which must have been in a leadership position.
- Must have hands on experience in Credit Analysis &; Administration, Sales, Relationship Management,
- Customer Service, commercial and product development functions of a commercial bank at managerial level.
- Demonstrated consistent high performance in role(s) held in the last three years.
- A thorough knowledge of Small Medium Enterprise (SME) Products, Retail Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in chioning high-performance management.
- Membership of a Marketing professional body will be desirable.
- A good understanding of risk, credit policies and procedures.
- Excellent planning, Organization, problem solving and analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
12th January, 2021.
How To Apply