Full-time International Organization for Migration (IOM): Procurement & Logistics Assistant Recruitment
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Procurement & Logistics Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Yola, Adamawa, Nigeria
SVN No.: SVN2019/81
- Under the direct supervision of Procurement and Logistic Officer in Maiduguri, the incumbent will be responsible for handling procurement related activities in Yola Sub Office. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Ensure local procurement procedures are in place and followed in accordance with the IOM’s procurement policy and other related regulations and procedures.
- Provide support, advice and assistance in procurement of goods/services for the Mission. Provision on the best option in local and optimize purchasing power.
- Undertake the day-to-day operation of the following services:
- Receive Purchase Request Form (PRF) and ensure that all necessary information concerning specifications, justifications, WBS and expected delivery dates are correct o Identify potential vendor and issues Request for Quotations (RFQ)
- Assist with the evaluation and comparison of the quotations on Bid Analyses Sheet (BAS); and recommend to the relevant requester. Award orders to the selected vendors who are able to meet the specification at their best offer
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) inclusive necessary information on asset codes, specifications, quantity, prices, delivery dates, payments and vendor contact details
- receive and inspect goods/services according to PO specifications and that all goods are in good condition; and assist onward delivery to final destination as required
- Ensure all related supporting document are complete and verified
- Prepare Payment Request. Submit and follow up with finance
- Obtain approvals as required by the matrix o Properly record and indicate the above process in PRISM as required
- Make copies of procurement and logistics documents
- Follow up purchase orders status and keep requester informed of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery condition
- Perform other related duties as may be required
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completed University Degree or Certificate in Purchasing and Supplies Chain Management; or an equivalent combination of education, training & experience;
- Minimum of four years (or Two Years for Holders of University Degrees) in related field, preferably within multicultural organization or diplomatic mission an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office applications;
- Commitment, efficiency, self-motivation, creative thinking and strong organizational skills;
- Flexibility, diplomacy, and good customer relations;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to draft official documentation in Arabic and English
- Detail oriented individual with the ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Fluency in English and Native Language; Fluency in multiple native languages advantageous;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
4th July, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via email to:[email protected] indicating position applied on subject line
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2019/81 Yola. Procurement & Logistics Assistant G4
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.