Full-time Kimberly Ryan Limited Recruitment for a Maritime Company – Internal Audit Officer
Kimberly Ryan Limited – Our client, a leading organization in the Maritime sector in Nigeria is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
The Job : Internal Audit Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Rivers, Port- Harcourt, Nigeria
- This position will be responsible for assisting the Internal Auditor in extracting data and other information, conducting the daily activities of the internal audit department, in developing and executing the audit plan and the following:
- Record keeping of internal documents.
- Check retirement reports of float submitted and report thereon.
- Conduct cash count and report thereon.
- Participate in stock count report and thereon.
- Verify goods received / service rendered on Job Completion Note and notify the Internal Auditor.
- Organise and reference work papers for review by the Internal Auditor.
- Supports the Internal Auditor in the development and implementation of the evolving Internal Audit methodology for ACPML.
- Assist in the preparation of concise and informative audit report to effectively communicate findings and recommendations.
- Participate in closing meetings at the end of the fieldwork, providing clear explanations on identified issues.
- To assist the Internal Auditor when required to maximize the efficiency of the internal audit function.
- To undertake any duty as may be assigned from time to time due to exigency of work
- BSC / HND in Accounting or another related business discipline from a reputable University / Polytechnic
- Minimum 2nd Class Lower
- Relevant professional qualification(s).
- Minimum of three (3) years cumulative cognate experience in Internal Auditing
- Considerable knowledge of waste management or shipping and port operations
- Highly numerate, with a good turnaround time on tasks, ability to deliver with minimal supervision.
- At least 3 years’ post-qualification experience in Internal Auditing
- Good understanding of professional IIA performance standards with regards to planning, testing, sampling and documentation.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and standards
- Knowledge of regulations and industry standards
- Familiar with industry best practices.
- Excellent understanding of Internal Auditing Standards and IFRS
- Understanding of risk and control concept.
- Excellent use of Microsoft suite
- Good understanding of accounting software package -SAP
- Critical thinking
- Problem Solving
- Regulatory Compliance
- Honesty and Integrity
- Good communication skill
- Attention to detail.
- Time Management and Result oriented
- Organization skills such as prioritization and commitment
- Analytical skill
- Display awareness of the need for confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Any other official duties that may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Resourcefulness & Resilience
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.