Full-time KPMG Nigeria Recruitment – Director General
KPMG Nigeria – Our client, a State Investment Promotion Agency (IPA), with the mandate to promote, attract and facilitate opportunities for private sector investments that will accelerate the economic development of the State.
The State has recently embarked on an aggressive agenda which leverages on its comparative advantage to drive key projects and long term institutional reforms. One of the pillars of the reform is ensuring that State is the preferred destination for investment in the region; of which the IPA is expected to play a pivot role in delivering on the Government’s aspirations.
In line with this, our client requires an exceptional individual with a proven track record for the position of:
The Job : Director General
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Reporting to the Chairman of the Board, the Director General will be responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership.
- The individual will ensure the Agency provides effective support to the Government in attracting and facilitating private sector investment for the State.
- Develop and implement a growth focused strategy which will increase private sector investment in the State.
- Ensure execution of day to day strategic initiatives in line with the objectives set by the Board.
- Be a strong and credible advocate, representing and promoting the Agencies interest regionally, nationally and internationally with private investors and with the Government.
- Promote and improve awareness of investment opportunities in State among selected targeted national and international investors.
- Raising the State’s investment profile by highlighting the positive image and attractiveness of the State as a choice location for private business investment among national and international investors.
- Develop programs of reform and advocacy together with State and Federal MDA’s and stakeholders that remove constraints to private sector investment in State.
- Identify, analyse, promote and negotiate opportunities for investors to partner with the State to enhance the physical infrastructure and business environment.
- Create and socialize a strategic plan for the Agency winning the support of key stakeholders (public, private sectors and development partners).
- Recruit, manage and lead a team of Investment promotion professionals and ensure they receive appropriate support and resources to perform to their potential.
- As the ideal candidate you will need to be a visionary leader with high level of commercial acumen, ability to originate and execute deals, negotiations and marketing skills. You must have an exceptional entrepreneurial drive with excellent networking skills and be networked into key investor groups within and across borders, creating innovative win-win partnerships.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to possess excellent communication and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to engage stakeholders at Federal, State and Private sector at the highest levels. You must be conversant with macro-economic and technological trends and have exceptional management skills.
- You need to have a strong ability to lead teams and drive the Agency towards achieving its vision, you should be a confident leader with the ability to leverage strengths and further the capabilities of self and others. You will need to be a resilient and focused go-getter with the exposure to best practices. You must have the ability to deliver on set targets and achieve demonstrative results in line with the organisations strategic aspirations
Key Qualifications / Requirements
- First degree from a reputable institution with Post Graduate or Professional Qualification in Finance or Business related disciple.
- Minimum of 15 years quality work experience of at least 8 years of these should be at highest level of management.
- International or regional exposure/experiences with Multinational or Global Organisation will definitely be an advantage.
- Experience of leading and managing a sizeable team is also a must.
- Strategic/Big picture thinking and approach is crucial for the role.
- Involvement in marketing, deal origination and execution highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
24th December, 2019.
How To Apply
Note: All applications will be treated in confidence. Only eligible candidates will be contacted.