Full-time Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) Recruitment – Consulting Firm
The Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) was established on 22 May 1964 in N’Djamena, Republic of Chad. The Commission was established upon recognizing the need to formulate principles of the use of resources of the Basin for economic purposes, including the harnessing of water resources. The mandate of the Commission is to sustainably and equitably manage the Lake Chad and other shared water resources of the Lake Chad Basin, preserve the ecosystems of the Lake Chad Conventional Basin, to promote regional integration, peace and security across the Basin.
The Lake Chad Basin Commission invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to express their interest in providing the services described below:
The Job : Consulting Firm
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
No Loan / Credit / Grant: D633-3A
- The Lake Chad Basin Commission (LCBC) has received funding from the International Development Association (IDA) to cover the cost of the Regional Recovery and Development Project du Lac Tchad (PROLAC), and intends to use part of the amount of this gift to make payments under the service contract of a consultant responsible for recruiting staff for the said project.
- The services provided under this contract aim to make available to the Project Implementation Unit, a selection of candidates to fill the vacant positions below:
- An ICT and Database Specialist
- A Specialist in Recovery, Reconstruction and Resilience;
- A Specialist in Knowledge Management and Events
- An Accounting Assistant
- A Data Entry Officer;
- A Driver.
- As such, the consultant will have to develop and share with the LCBC the methodology to be adopted for each of the stages of the recruitment process.
- The total duration of the service will extend over a period of 30 calendar days.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2020.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates / consultants should submit their written expression of interest to the address below in person, by mail, by facsimile or by email to:
Executive Secretariat of Lake Chad Basin Commission,
P.O. Box 727, N’Djamena – CHAD.
Tel. : 00235 22 52 41 45 / 22 52 40 29.
Email: [email protected] ; [email protected]
Important Information / Notice
- Interested Consultants must provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience for the performance of the Services.
- The Consultants should note that the provisions of paragraphs 3.14; 3.16 and 3.17 of Section III of the “World Bank Procurement Regulations for Borrowers Requesting Financing for Investment Projects – July 2016 Edition – revised in November 2017 and August 2018” relating to World Bank rules in matters of conflict of interest apply.
- Consultants can join forces with other firms to strengthen their respective skills in the form of a solidarity group or a subcontractor agreement.
- A Consultant will be selected according to the selection method based on the qualifications of the consultant as described in the “Regulations”.
- Interested Consultants can obtain additional information at the address above and at the following times: daily Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The terms of reference for the mission can be obtained on the following web site: www.cblt.org; www.worldbank.org; or can be obtained at the address mentioned above.