Full-time Librarian Recruitment at the University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED)
The University of Medical Sciences (UNIMED) in Ondo State, Nigeria: As the first specialized University of Medical Sciences in Nigeria, its mandate is to advance high level excellence through teaching, innovative research, and service delivery in all health sciences disciplines.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Librarian
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Ondo, Nigeria
- The Librarian shall be the Head of the Library Department of the University. The candidate for this position is expected to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the operations of an academic Library services of the University.
- He/She shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day- to-day administration of the University Library.
- Applicants for the post of University Library must have, in the past, exhibited considerable degree of competence, responsiveness, demonstrable integrity and transparency on matters of Library administration and management.
- The candidate must be in good health and able to endure the rigour of the duties of the University Librarian.
- Also, applicants must possess the following qualities: vision, proven academic distinctions, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life.
- In addition, candidates should be able to develop linkages with the external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect, cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the University.
- Applicants must show innovative approaches to the running of an ICT driven Library, working at the highest level of efficiency to promote and sustain a vibrant University Library.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidate must possess a honours degree with Master Degree in Library and Information Science or related field from a recognized University. A Doctorate Degree in Library and Information Science or related field will be an added advantage. He/she must be certified by the Librarian’s Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN). In addition, the candidate must be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficient.
- The candidate must have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in a University system or comparable Institution of higher Learning, five (5) of which must have been at a Management position. Furthermore, he or she must have attained the position of a Deputy Librarian in a University Library Department or equivalent Institution.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- A strong evidence of substantial number of scholarly publications both in quality and quantum in reputation international and national journals is required.
- Candidate must be capable of providing academic and administrative leadership.
- The candidate should not be more than sixty five (65) years by October 1, 2019.
- The successful candidate shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years from the effective date of appointment.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a University Bursar of Public Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the State Government and the University Governing Council as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2019.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications with twenty (20) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) along with the vision for the position, providing information on the following:
- Full name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Email Address(s)
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of Children
- Permanent Home Address Phone Numbers
- Degrees (including dates/class and institutions) and/or any other qualifications and
- distinctions (Photocopies of Certificates to be attached).
- Statement of Experience including full details of former and present posts.
- List of Publications.
- Current Research
- Other Activities outside Current Employment
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Proposed date of availability for Duties, if appointed. Any other relevant information.
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with envelope marked “Post Of University Bursar, UNIMED” and addressed to:
The Acting Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Medical Sciences,
Laje Road, Ondo City,
- The candidate should also state in clear terms of not more than 500 words, his/her vision statement for the University in the next five years with particular reference to administration, control and innovations in Library services.
- In addition to stating the names and addresses of three (3) referees, applicants should request their referees to forward references on their behalf directly to the Acting Registrar and Secretary to Council via the address above