Full-time Luno: Senior Country Associate Recruitment
We work with the brightest minds from all over the world. People from top tech and finance companies like Google, Amazon, Morgan Stanley, Barclays and others have joined us on our mission to upgrade the world to a better financial system.
With 200+ people (40% of which are female) from 26 different nationalities working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore, we’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams.
The Job : Senior Country Associate
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the world, and to do so, well we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need rockstars. As simple as it is.
A little about us
We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
We currently have over 3 million customers across 40 countries.
We are series B funded, backed by Balderton Capital and the Naspers Group.
Our platform has processed over 8 billion dollars
We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 26 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
The role in a Nutshell
The role provides an opportunity for a talented leader to contribute to our growth strategy in Nigeria. We’re looking to hire a world-class operator to build and own long term relationships with strategic partners, including regulators and financial institutions. This role will also support our team based in Lagos and contribute to Luno’s growth strategy in the fast-paced and growing cryptocurrency industry in Nigeria. You will be part of Owen her team, meet her here.
What you’ll do
- Gain a thorough understanding of the regulatory landscape and key role players in the development of cryptocurrency/fintech regulation in Nigeria
- Work closely with the Policy team to promote regulation
- Work with the Compliance team in terms of our existing bank relationships and where we have pre-existing compliance obligations
- Be the first point of contact for bank and regulatory agency inquiries
- Identify and communicate across different levels of the organization key themes and updates emerging from bank and regulatory interactions
- Build long term relationships with banks, financial institutions and merchants to drive strategic engagement model
- Contribute to the country strategy through industry & competitor analysis
- Other tasks required to drive market leadership and success across Nigeria
What you’ll need
- A relevant university qualification with 4-6 years of work experience
- At least three years of operational experience, preferably in the finance sector, enforcement or regulatory compliance
- The ability to quickly grasp complex matters, anticipate risks and summarize key information
- An entrepreneurial nature, strong sense of responsibility and a very high level of integrity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- A basic knowledge of how cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin work, and enthusiasm to promote cryptocurrencies, is preferable but not essential
- The right to work in Nigeria
- We’re providing a phenomenal opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrencies, blockchain, emerging markets, and together we’ll work together to scale a global business.
- You’ll learn new skills, continuously develop (via MyAcademy) and share knowledge with your peers.
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
Annual Inspiration Day
- Visit our mothership in Cape Town for onboarding and our annual company offsite – we fly in everyone around the globe to Luno’s birth town to brainstorm and celebrate our successes.
- We’ll take good care of your appetite with free lunch from Monday to Thursday
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for our hairy friends.
- We are known for celebrating key milestones, wins and last but not least: life in general
- We are a social bunch of people, therefore we have quarterly activities and drinks Fridays for whoever wants to join!
How To Apply