Full-time Manager, Entrepreneur Selection & Growth at Endeavor Nigeria
Endeavor is a mission-oriented, global organisation that is leading the global high-impact entrepreneurship movement to drive long-term economic growth and build strong entrepreneurship ecosystems in growth markets by selecting, mentoring, and accelerating the best high-impact entrepreneurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Manager, Entrepreneur Selection & Growth
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reports to: Managing Director
- We are looking for a dynamic, self-starting professional who is passionate about entrepreneurship and engaged with our mission, to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria
- On a day-to-day basis you will oversee our search & selection and service delivery activities, leading a small team of 2-3 ESG Associates
- You are a mature, structured thinker, well-organised, show strong investment/commercial judgement and have experience working with high-performing teams
- Works with: Endeavor account managers, Endeavor Entrepreneurs, network members and the Endeavor Global ESG team..
- Oversee the search efforts of the ESG team to maintain the Nigeria office’s strong pipeline of Endeavor candidates, providing clear guidance and feedback to ESG Associates in their day-to-day search efforts.
- Successfully convert highest priority prospects to candidate status quickly and drive rapid progression through Endeavor’s selection process by the ESG team.
- Independently run and decide outcomes of first-stage selection interviews and facilitate subsequent parts of our selection process on a selective basis, particularly for high-priority candidates and/or with VIP Endeavor mentors.
- Provide guidance and input to ESG Associates for the development of high-quality reports to support Endeavor’s selection process.
- Oversee the ESG team’s successful delivery of quarterly local selection panels in Lagos and support candidates at international selection panels, synthesize and deliver sensitive feedback to candidates.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to craft strategies to deliver our mentor portfolio objectives in Nigeria, including identifying, attracting, retaining and maximising engagement within our target mentor community (serial entrepreneurs and business owners, experienced investors and senior professionals with relevant functional expertise and track records).
- Directly own and successfully manage ‘Outlier’ Endeavor Entrepreneur accounts.
- Build trust with Endeavor Entrepreneurs and their next level management tier for engagement and effective service delivery. From time to time, recommend strategic actions and supporting services to entrepreneurs based on an active knowledge of Endeavor’s local and global mentor and service portfolios.
- Build and manage relationships with ESG leads in other Endeavor markets and Endeavor Global to maximize outcomes and impact for all Endeavor Entrepreneurs, not just those selected by Endeavor’s Nigeria office.
- Guide the development of service roadmaps for new Endeavor Entrepreneurs, bringing together their strategic and operational goals, Endeavor’s service offerings, feedback from the selection process and mentor expertise/talent. Ensure rapid, responsive and professional service delivery.
- Independently facilitate advisory board meetings between Endeavor mentors and Endeavor Entrepreneurs, ensuring continuity and monitoring impact and engagement.
- Work closely with the Managing Director to build a complementary local service offering for Endeavor Entrepreneurs in Nigeria in response to the needs, input and feedback from Endeavor Entrepreneurs active in, and expanding into, Nigeria, including identifying and selecting the right partner organisations.
- Successfully engage stakeholders (high-impact entrepreneur candidates, target mentors and partners) with Endeavor’s mission, model and values. Systematically build and maintain key relationships.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience, ideally in consulting, investment banking or a client-services role in a high-performing, structured environment.
- Relevant background and/or demonstrable interest in entrepreneurship, business, strategy, economics, finance, and/or international development.
- Previous experience managing teams is a requirement.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and organizational skills; excellent written and spoken English.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Familiarity with Salesforce and Slack is an advantage.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
- Competitive salary, including bonuses and benefits.
How To Apply