Full-time Manager – Human Resources I – Marriott International Recruitment
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Manager – Human Resources I
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Owerri, Nigeria
Job Number: 21006169
- As a member of the property Human Resources support staff, he/she works with Human Resources employees to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including oversight of recruitment, total compensation, and training and development.
- Additionally, he/she focuses on delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
Candidate Profile / Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Managing Recruitment and Hiring Process:
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
- Establishes and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
- Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
- Oversees/monitors candidate identification and selection process.
- Provides subject matter expertise to property managers regarding selection procedures.
- Partners with vendor partners to ensure effective advertisement efforts are being utilized for open positions in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
Administering and Educating Employee Benefits:
- Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
- Prepares, audits and distributes unemployment claim activity reports to property management.
- Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented.
- Ensures that department has the available resources on hand to administer employee.
Managing Employee Development:
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures employees are cross-trained ton training programs
- Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Maintaining Employee Relations:
- Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
- Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources/Multi-Property Director of Human Resources.
- Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations, as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Managing Legal and Compliance Practices:
- Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Ensures compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
- Ensures medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
- Facilitates random, reasonable belief and post-accident drug testing process (in properties where applicable).
- Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
- Ensures all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, bloodborne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Conducts periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for open claims.
- Represents Human Resources at the property Safety Committee; helps to identify ways to create awareness of the importance of safety in the workplace and decrease accident frequency and severity.
- Manages Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and manage costs.
- Oversees the selection/non-selection and offers processes to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection and applicants receive status notifications).
Application Closing Date
How To Apply