Full-time Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Nigeria (MGIC) Recruitment – Health Informatics (HI) Infrastructure and Support Specialist
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Nigeria, an affiliate of the University of Maryland Baltimore, is a Non-Governmental Organization funded by the U.S Government through the Center for Disease Control (CDC). The organization is seeking qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
The Job : Health Informatics (HI) Infrastructure and Support Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Health Informatics and Support (IS) Specialist is responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of the UMB Data Center, Network and deployed Applications, with primary emphasis on Health Project and Internal Application system.
- The individual in this role takes ownership of the firm’s IT Data Center Application, including but not limited to architecture, configuration, deployment, and maintenance as well as ensuring high-quality tier-3 end-user support for specific operational system.
- Technical expertise
- Communication Creativity:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or equivalent demonstrable experience
- 5 years systems development and Network infrastructure support experience.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Server OS architecture, design, management scripting and troubleshooting.
- Proficient knowledge of Linux based OS architecture, design, management, scripting and troubleshooting.
- Adequate understanding of VMWare (Virtualization) architecture, core services and administration.
- An adequate understanding of storage technology and protocols
- Proficient knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP etc).
- An adequate understanding of applied network principles, including sub-netting, performance monitoring, scalability, and disaster recovery.
- Proficient back-up/restore processing experience
- Pass a background check as well as alcohol, a controlled substance, and illegal drugs screen that meets company standards before beginning regular employment.
- Strong organisational, time management, computer and communication skills, leadership, coaching, and team-building skills to strengthen and cultivate a relationship to help achieve organisational goals
- Ability to recognize the sensitivity to individual organisation’s needs and the impact on services of the introduction of IT solutions
- Interpersonal/Individual Competencies: The ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity.
- Software development and support experience is a plus.
- Certification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library or related certification
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2019.
How To Apply