Full-time Medical Affairs Manager – Johnson & Johnson Recruitment
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. We strive to improve access and affordability, create healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
The Job : Medical Affairs Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Requisition ID: 2105906949W
The responsibilities & the impact YOU will have:
- Develop and conduct medical activities within scientific premise and provide cross-departmental strategic guidance in line with company strategies and goals.
The main duties and responsibilities of the position are:
- Is the member of the country value team. Works actively to develop new strategies and improve existing ones for the Therapy Area of responsibility. For this purpose, collects and consolidates the necessary medical data and provides input to team meetings by providing scientific data to top ethical standards. Keeps scientific data up-to-date.
- Works cross-departmentally to consolidate strategy for the Therapeutic Area of responsibility.
- Provides scientific input to preparatory work for market research, planned for conducting marketing strategies.
- Ensures medical aspects of company strategies and practices are compliant with HCBI, national and global ethical procedures.
- Organizes medical training events and ensures these are compliant with HCBI, national and international ethical procedures, as well as company and marketing strategies.
- Plays an active role in determining and organizing medical programs (e.g. training programs, international / national congress participation, advisory board meetings, courses, disease awareness programs), follows up on them and assesses their results. Records data into iConnect and compiles of monthly reports, in line with the applicable procedures.
- Participates in medical training activities, contributing to achievement of product plans.
- Develops and executes, follows up on and assesses the results of training for field force to equip them with sufficient and essential medical information.
- Plans and executes training, to ensure continuity of training programs.
- Collects and evaluates scientific data on competitive products/product groups, and updates own product groups to effectively guide marketing strategies and activities.
- Maintains continuous contact with opinion leaders through scientific platforms like national/international congresses and medical education activities. Coordinates with opinion leaders, associations and health authorities for developing medical education activities. Makes visits to maintain constant contact with physicians as planned on Vinci, giving clinical presentations to share product information.
- Provides leadership to support effective functioning of MSLs. Coordinates as necessary to determine MSL visits qualitatively and quantitatively and ensure MSL visits are conducted according to the plan in the iConnect. Monitors MSL visits/presentations by weekly and monthly reports. Conducts field visits as planned for necessary supervision, and takes action to identify and eliminate any training shortcomings.
- Provides medical support for updating SmPC/package leaflet of registered products or for developing SmPC/package leaflet for prior to registration, and input to reimbursement efforts. Develops the medical content of reimbursement files.
- Collaborates closely with Regulatory Affairs, Market Access, Marketing and Business Development, holding regular meetings with them to support continuous improvement and development, and providing product- and disease-related scientific data.
- Provides medical assistance to development of promotional materials. Checks all product-/disease-related materials to verify their consistency, scientific accuracy and validity, and ensures scientific content of promotional materials is compliant with HCBI policies and local regulations. Participates in and supports activities to promote company and products.
- Receives and follows up on drug safety information from physicians and forwards it to the qualified person responsible for pharmacovigilance in line with the applicable rules.
- Contributes to practices and action plans by PV and quality assurance teams regarding drug quality and safety issues reported by local or global sources.
- Reviews and responds to requests from the field force or physicians, falling within area of responsibility, and records them in med-info.
- Thinks proactively about potential objections/issues related with products, taking into consideration feedback from field force or physicians, investigates them and contributes to solving them.
- Supports clinical trial teams in clinical trials, planned / concluded / being conducted (identifying investigators, selecting centers, investigator meetings, joint visits, identifying the congresses/magazines for presenting the data, etc.), supports establishing communication with investigators as part of clinical investigation activities.
- Plays an active role in developing local research protocols, in addition to global protocols.
- Coordinates with clinical investigation teams for adapting these protocols.
- Supports and coordinates with the Therapy Area Manager for reviewing posters, clinical study abstracts and manuscripts for local studies.
- Coordinates with the clinical investigation team on NPP, research support. Contributes to the approval process.
- Plays an active role in the development, management and follow-up of the medical budget for relevant products.
- Provides the necessary scientific support for pipeline products to be included in the portfolio of responsibility and plays an active role in the activities.
- Plays an active role in product launch preparations, enhances communication with target physician groups and coordinates robustly with opinion leaders / associations / health authorities for medical positioning of products and determining appropriate strategies. Plays an active role in training and medical activity planning and execution.
We’d love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- Medical Doctor preferred, minimum of 5 years
- Minimum of 5 years industry and or public health experience in HIV and or TB will be advantageous,
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing and implementing medical affairs strategy
- Experience in designing, providing and managing medical training
- Good command of the English language Competency in using MS Office applications
- Strong communication skills
- Analytical thinking
- Result oriented
- Quality focused and efficient
- Open to growth
- Persuasion skills
Expected Leadership Requirements:
- Expected to demonstrate Leadership Requirements
Application Closing Date
How To Apply