Full-time Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at LEAP Africa
LEAP Africa offers innovative leadership and work readiness programmes for youth with the primary aim of equipping them to live productively, lead ethically and motivating them to deliver positive change in their communities by either executing community development projects or building sustainable social enterprises.
The Job :Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- LEAP Africa seeks to recruit a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for its MERL Unit (Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Unit).
- Report and work closely with the Manager- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning in leading the design, development and implementation of MERL functions and to ensure organizational effectiveness for LEAP Africa.
- Supervise and coordinate the implementation of data collection, analysis and evaluation of both programmes and research projects.
- Lead the process of curriculum development, and review as well as supporting mapping of best practices research for the LEAP’s curriculum and pedagogy.
- Support the development of evaluation, impact and research reports and products including policy briefs, info-graphics, articles and Op-eds.
- Contribute to ongoing research, evaluation and learning plans, as well as design and report documentation.
- Work with programmes team and partners in the conceptualization, design and development of impact measurement frameworks, indicators and monitoring plans for projects.
- Design, test and refine data collection and evaluation tools in line with LEAP’s objectives and ensuring quality assurance and control.
- Assist the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager in sourcing for, applying and getting relevant research grants for the organization.
- Carry out critical and complex analyses of data including visualization of project data and dashboard designs to display project impact, and communicate conclusions clearly with actionable recommendations.
- Assist with learning activities, dissemination of lessons learnt, communicate with stakeholders, Stakeholder management, assist in policy development and advocacy activities for the organization, organizing and facilitating of Monitoring and Evaluation learning sessions.
- Carry our writing activities – white papers, concept notes, research writing, evaluation reports, Policy briefs, Info-graphics, peer reviews and articles, editing etc.
- Carry out all other tasks assigned by your supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree holder and well-grounded in social science theories and research. (Master’s Degree is an added advantage)
- 1-3 years of relevant post NYSC experience with a good knowledge of the development sector.
- A high level of written and verbal communication, including an ability to write in clear and concise language
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data analyses and visualization skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills
- Strong work ethics, a self-starter, very creative
- Project Management Skills
- Passion for leadership, education, learning and development
- A high level of integrity.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.