Full-time MTN Nigeria: Manager, Regional Facilities Recruitment
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
The Job : Manager, Regional Facilities
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- To define the specifications, scope and set objectives for the installation, and acceptance of building systems and infrastructure in order to provide and maintain a conducive, physical environment for all to perform their duties effectively and efficiently in mtn nigeria operations and maximize the useful life span and keep them in good working condition.
- Support the shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing finance processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (i.e. grow market share, grow ICT & data revenue, increase ebitda margins, assure revenue, capex returns management and net subscriber additions).
- Participate in the review of business processes(headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in divisional budget year-on-year.
- Liaise with financial planning group in respect of development/maintenance of new/existing mtnn infrastructure as well as monitor facilities related spending against budget and forecast.
- Strategic partnerships with mtnn leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of mtn group and mtnn transformation initiatives focusing on customer centricity, including perfect 10 project.
- Drive an increase in mtnn’s net promoter score.
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the group culture audit.
- Liaise with project implementation team during design and implementation of new facilities to ensure maintainability of building infrastructure and systems
- network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) And develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Define scope and initiate best practice procedures for ensuring proper operation and maintenance of building infrastructure and systems in technical and non-technical facilities.
- Schedule and prioritize maintenance activities to ensure achievement of specified objectives.
- Prepare timely and concise functional and business reports on the status of all facilities manage the provision of utilities (excluding power) and settlement of related bills.
- Provide maintenance support to expatriate residences as required as well as define/ manage service level agreement (sla)and kpis of internal customers/maintenance team as regards availability of critical systems and building infrastructure.
- Manage deployment of required building infrastructure systems during office expansion projects.
- Oversee and ensure provision of specific operator’s training to internal customers such as relevant security employees and general awareness training as well as emergency response procedures to all employees.
- Provide tender specifics/formulation,adjudication and negotiation support to relevant procurement teams during supplier selection; and employees with requisite training to perform excellent maintenance on building infrastructure and systems.
- Perform quarterly demand analysis to assess adequacy of current services in terms of available capacity of building infrastructure and systems, e.g. water treatment and supply systems, cctv system, access control, etc.
- Perform formal handover of new facilities to the operations’ team from the implementation team with the operation and maintenance documentation, manuals, drawings and wiring/cabling schedules.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members,develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
- Normal mtnn working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Local travel
- Valid driver’s license
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree in an Engineering or Technical discipline
- Fluent in English
- A post graduate qualification in engineering or numerate business discipline would be an added advantage
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- IFMA (international facility management association) accreditation and/or experience in a multinational environment would be an added advantage.
- Project management
- Facilities management.
- BA, BEd, BSc or HND.
How To Apply